Home Remote Support (Formerly Control Center)

Error when accessing portal

Get this long error message after new install on Windows server 2016, need help:)

Error loading page. The conversion of a varchar data type to a datetime data type resulted in an out-of-range value. at ConfigMgrPortal.Core.DAL.SQLHelper.ExecuteDataset(String cmdText) in d:\a\1\s\ConfigMgr Portal Core\DAL\SQLHelper.cs:line 159 at ConfigMgrPortal.Core.DAL.SQLHelper.ExecuteDataTable(String cmdText) in d:\a\1\s\ConfigMgr Portal Core\DAL\SQLHelper.cs:line 211 at ConfigMgrPortal.ConfigMgr.Query.GetDeploymentSummary(DateTime newerThan) in d:\a\1\s\ConfigMgr Portal Core\ConfigMgr\Query.cs:line 2229 at ConfigMgrPortal.UI.Default.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) in d:\a\1\s\ConfigMgr Portal UI\Default.aspx.cs:line 196 at System.Web.UI.Control.OnLoad(EventArgs e) at ConfigMgrPortal.Core.UI.BasePage.OnLoad(EventArgs e) in d:\a\1\s\ConfigMgr Portal Core\UI\BasePage.cs:line 265

Answers

• F_ChristiansenF_Christiansen Cireson Dev Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    Hi, we have a similar issue where the localization has been set to Finnish in Settings -> General - Layout
    Could you check that and set it to US English to see if that helps.
    I myself is a Dane and I don't get the same error even if I set mine to Danish.

Best regards
    Flemming Appelon Christiansen
  • SstoldalSstoldal Member IT Monkey ✭
    Where do I access settings. Nothing shows in the portal
  • wally_meadwally_mead Member Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    Settings are in the upper right, under the logged on user name. But by default, you'll only see them when logged on as a member of the group designated as the Global Administrators, which was set during installation.
  • SstoldalSstoldal Member IT Monkey ✭
    Got it to work. Would be nice to try out the full version:)
  • F_ChristiansenF_Christiansen Cireson Dev Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    You can just request a trial license key. That will unlock all features for you to try out. Then you can decide if you want a licensed version or revert to Community Edition.

Best regards
    Flemming Appelon Christiansen