Home General Discussion

Default Category of Affected Configuration Items Field on Change Request

Nick_FlintNick_Flint Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
We are creating a change request from from New -> Work Item -> Change Request -> From Template -> Change Template screen. The Affected Configuration Items field defaults to the Configuration Items class. Is it possible to instead default this to a different class (e.g. Business Service)?

Best Answers

Answers

• Konstantin_Slavin-BoKonstantin_Slavin-Bo Customer Ninja IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭
    Maybe you can edit something in the CR template, but I'm not sure which values are accepted here?
  • Peter_SettlePeter_Settle Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    When you go to the Config Items to Change field, you just add the service there. It will probably default to Computer. This can be changed to whatever you wish to select, by searching for it. Business Service does appear in the list, therefore as long as you have some setup there should be no reason why you can not select them.
  • Nick_FlintNick_Flint Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    After  I looked at this again I realized that I can start typing the name of a Business Service and it will appear. The customer is asking to have that field ONLY display Business Services on the Change Request form. 
    I don't think this is possible OotB, as there's no built-in control for this on the portal. But I guess you could create your own field, which replaces the OotB field, where you make your own search criteria. You would have to use the /Search/GetObjectsByCriteria endpoint, setup the criteria to only include the Business Service class, and make sure to commit the selected CI to the CR. It's not impossible, but seems like a lot of work, for something that already is included in the current field

@Nicholas_Velich
    That's pretty neat actually! Does this work with any type of class and relationship (which are valid in SCSM of course)? 
  • Nicholas_VelichNicholas_Velich Cireson Consultant Ninja IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭
    It does! The relationship is specified under "PropertyName" and the class that shows up in the pop-up is the "ClassId"
    That's cool and really nice to know, thanks a lot! 
  • Nick_FlintNick_Flint Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    @Nicholas_Velich Thank you for that! That is very helpful. 

Is having the search field on the form possible too? I'm thinking that functionality is why Affected Configurations Items is a canned field.