Home Remote Support (Formerly Control Center)

Portal emty

installed Portal on server 2012 r2, opens but empty, only this, what have I done wrong?

Answers

• Konstantin_Slavin-BoKonstantin_Slavin-Bo Customer Ninja IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭
    Could you consult your logs and paste any errors it may displays? You will find the logs for the hosting services at C:\Program Files\Cireson\Portal for Configuration Manager\Services\logs
  • merlenette_jonesmerlenette_jones Member Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    @Sstoldal

This would mean that you are having a permissions issue. IS that user account a part of the Admins group on Configuration Manager?
  • F_ChristiansenF_Christiansen Cireson Dev Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    Please run http://si-mgmtutil-03:8085/_setup and verify that your sccminstall user is a member of the Administrator group you define in there.
  • SstoldalSstoldal Member IT Monkey ✭
    This is the free community edition, Running setup only gets me to validate license key, and I have none.
    Hosting service log:
    20.06.2017 22:53:59 -> -----------------------------------Hosting Service info-----------------------------------
    20.06.2017 22:53:59 -> 
    20.06.2017 22:53:59 -> Name: Hosting Service
    20.06.2017 22:53:59 -> Version: 2.0.0.0
    20.06.2017 22:53:59 -> Server: SI-MGMTUTIL-03
    20.06.2017 22:53:59 -> System: Microsoft Windows Server 2012 R2 Standard - 64-bit - 6.3.9600
    20.06.2017 22:53:59 -> ------------------------------------------------------------
    20.06.2017 22:53:59 -> Using settings from 'C:\InetPub\ConfigMgrPortal\Configuration.xml'
    20.06.2017 22:54:00 -> Connecting to database. Getting setting from configuration.xml.
    20.06.2017 22:54:00 -> Server: si-mgmtsccm-04.sing.local, Database: ConfigMgrPortal, Windows
    20.06.2017 22:54:01 -> Attempting to host Caching Service on 'http://localhost:8081/CachingService'.
    20.06.2017 22:54:04 -> Caching Service is succesfully being hosted.
    20.06.2017 22:54:04 -> Initializing Synchronization on Caching Service.
    20.06.2017 22:54:04 -> See CachingService.log for further log.
    20.06.2017 22:54:05 -> Attempting to host Deployment Service on 'http://localhost:8081/DeploymentService'.
    20.06.2017 22:54:05 -> Deployment Service is succesfully being hosted.
    20.06.2017 22:55:55 -> 
    20.06.2017 22:55:55 -> Hosting Service is stopping.
    20.06.2017 22:55:55 -> Canceling synchronization cycle on Caching Service
    20.06.2017 22:55:55 -> Hosting of Caching Service is stopping.

Ciceron service restarted. Syncing, but still emty portal. Logged in to server with sccm admin users, installed with this user.
    Notice when installing, that the Portal administrator group is empty, should it be?

Does anyone have an install manual?
  • Dakota_GreenDakota_Green Member Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    @Sstoldal - You will need to designate a Portal Administrators Group (one from Active Directory) in this section.

I hope this helps.
    I was not suggesting that you ran the installer again, but just used the built-in configuration wizard to verify your configuration.
    But you can use the installer too, but that might take you through pre-reqs, etc.

The Portal Administrator group is the global administrator group you will need to gain full access to CMP. 
    This can be an Active Directory group or a local group like Administrators.
    When you are logged in with a user that is member of the Global Administrator group you can create security groups and starting assigning permissions for other users and groups.

When CMP starts, it checks which groups the user logging in is a member of and assign permissions.
    Also, you need to make sure your Application Pool Identity (in your case sccminstall) is a Full Administrator in ConfigMgr since this account will be doing the work in ConfigMgr for the portal.

Best regards
    Flemming Appelon Christiansen
  • SoftDSoftD Member IT Monkey ✭
    edited June 2017

Hi,

i have the same problem and i made sure i implemented the neccessary rights for the apppool account (Full Admin in SCCM) but i do not see any Actions on the left side.

Could you please check the configuration file to verify the group or account specified there is the expected?
    Open C:\Inetpub\ConfigMgrPortal\configuration.xml.
    Search for <SystemAdministratorGroup> and check the value for that group or user.

Also, while in the configuration.xml, check servers, databases and such.
    In the General section, DBServer, Database, etc is the CMP server specification.
    ConfigMgr has its own section where the ConfigMgr server name is specified too.

If that doesn't help, I would check the Application Pool has started for the portal.
    Go to IIS Manager, expand Application Pools, locate the Application Pool for ConfigMgrPortal and verify the identity for this pool is set to the expected named user account.

Best regards
    Could you please check the configuration file to verify the group or account specified there is the expected?
    Open C:\Inetpub\ConfigMgrPortal\configuration.xml.
    Search for <SystemAdministratorGroup> and check the value for that group or user.

Also, while in the configuration.xml, check servers, databases and such.
    In the General section, DBServer, Database, etc is the CMP server specification.
    ConfigMgr has its own section where the ConfigMgr server name is specified too.

If that doesn't help, I would check the Application Pool has started for the portal.
    Go to IIS Manager, expand Application Pools, locate the Application Pool for ConfigMgrPortal and verify the identity for this pool is set to the expected named user account.

Best regards

Hi and thank you for this fast response !

XML Looks good to me and the apppool is started with the correct accout which is full admin in sccm. What else can i do ?

Next I would check that your Application Pool account has permissions to the databases.
    Open SQL Mgmt Studio, expand Security\Logins, find the account, select Properties and then select User Mappings. Verify the following permissions:
    CM_Pxx (replace xx with your site code): dbdatareader
    ConfigMgrPortal: dbowner
    MDT (optional): dbdatareader+dbdatawriter
    ReportServer (optional): dbdatareader

You said you are using a sccm full admin, but just to make sure, verify that the account is present in the local group "SMS Admins" 

If you have SQL knowledge, you could query the CMP events table in the ConfigMgrPortal database:
    select top 200 * from [eventlog] order by ID desc
    This will give you the most recent events from CMP, maybe you can get clues here.

If it still doesn't work, we will have to verify some IIS settings. 
    Select the ConfigMgrPortal site in IIS Manager. Select Authentication and check the Windows Authentication is enabled and that anonymous authentication is disabled.

Any luck on that?

Best regards

Hi, the only thing in the SQL eventlog table i can see is the loogin Event and that he cannot aquire the fullname ans uses username instead. I´m logged on with the builtin Administrator. Everything else is set as described. 

Is the builtin administrator member of the specified SystemAdministratorGroup?
    If the group is specified a "Administrators" CMP will treat it as a local group on the IIS server and then you are good with your builtin administrator account.
    But if you have specified an AD/Domain group like "MyDomain\Domain Admins" then the builtin administrator will most likely not be in that group and then you have no access to the portal.

Does that makes sense?
    The Group is MyDomain\CMP_Admins and MyDomain\Administrator is member of this Group. Looks like this does not work. I added a different User to that Group and now it works as expected.
    Happy you got it to work!
    You mentioned that you did log on the the builtin administrator. I assumed it was the local (builtin) administrator of the IIS server and not the domain administrator.
    Could you clarify that to me and others that would read this thread?

Best regards

yes , it was the builtin domain admin account i used.

thank you , great and fast support !

Thank you and you are welcome!

@Sstoldal any chance you could be experiencing the same issue?
    In that case, this is something we would have to look further into.

Best regards