Home Service Manager Portal Feature Requests
We appreciate you taking the time to vote and add your suggestions to make our products awesome! Your request will be submitted to the community for review and inclusion into the backlog.

We recommend reviewing what is submitted before posting, in case your idea has already been submitted by another community member. If it has been submitted, vote for that existing feature request (by clicking the up arrow) to increase its opportunity of being added to Cireson solutions.

For more information around feature requests in the Cireson Community click here.

Publish KA from OneNote/Word

Adam_DzyackyAdam_Dzyacky Product Owner Contributor Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
As more organizations continue to move into Office 365 (at the very least using Microsoft Office) many groups are quickly coming around to the awesome power of OneNote.

It would be awesome to have a "Publish to Portal" OneNote/Word add-in. What's more this would take advantage of Microsoft's built in Base64 image conversion, rendering the issue around copying and pasting images obsolete.

Currently the only way (at least that I'm aware of) around this is copying and pasting from an Office 365 OneNote/Word doc directly into a portal KA as 365 has already done the Base64 conversion by virtue of images being rendered inline on the page.
15 votes

Submitted · Last Updated

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Ninja IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭
    Cool idea!  I personally LIVE in OneNote and could easily see the advantage here.  
  • Geoff_RossGeoff_Ross Cireson Consultant O.G.
    Yes, I know a few organisations who use OneNote to hold knowledge so this would be fantastic. A two way sync would be even better so if someone updates a knowledge article in the portal it will update back to one note.
    Yes, I know a few organisations who use OneNote to hold knowledge so this would be fantastic. A two way sync would be even better so if someone updates a knowledge article in the portal it will update back to one note.
    How does one say Scope Creep!  

Just kidding, I was thinking the same thing honestly.

I'll investigate the feasibility of this for sure, as would be a killer feature.  However, just to warn everyone, this is a BIG task... aka not trivial in the slightest, so don't be sad if this takes a long time and requires the movement of mountains :)
  • Geoff_RossGeoff_Ross Cireson Consultant O.G.
    If anyone can do it...