Home Self-Service Portal - Community

CacheBuilder Error was thrown while retrieving group, Group not found Unable to locate user or group

Hello Experts Monkeys... some days ago... I have a problems with DNS... to day , we have resolved this issue... but now detect an error with CacheBuilder... the SCSM AD Conector work fine to users and groups, the SCSM CMDB is update and  the  Powershell AD-ADGroup -Indentity Consult show the Security Group Right, but when restart  "Cireson Cahce Builder" Service the Event Log show very errors, like unknow  the Set Groups on the portal initial configuration... somebody can Help me?? pls 

This are the errors, Add the LOG file

ERROR 1Error was thrown while retrieving group: cn=ermx-soporte a incidencias produccion,ou=groups,ou=tkt,ou=mx,ou=countries,dc=lanet,dc=accorservices,dc=netError 2System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x8007200A): The specified directory service attribute or value does not exist.Error 3
Group not found: cn=ermx-soporte a incidencias produccion,ou=groups,ou=tkt,ou=mx,ou=countries,dc=lanet,dc=accorservices,dc=netMy Scenario
I Have a 1 DW Server SCSM 2016 on Windows Server 2012 R2 Std and SQL 2014 Std, 1 MS Server SCSM 2016 on Windows Server 2012 R2 Std and SQL 2014 Std,,  and 1 Second MS-Portal SCSM 2016 on Windows Server 2012 R2 Std All on a Global Corporate Active Directory with Multiples Domain and trees onpresmise Site

This problem, affect the portal to assigned Views and Groups like Approvers or Managers.
Please Help!!

Best Answers

• merlenette_jonesmerlenette_jones Member Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Hi Merle ....  Thanks all .. this information let me view to clear the problem...

And let me tell you the root problem are rigths of CacheBuilder service Account... this account need Read permissos  on the AD Container that the SCSM AD connector query... this is the problem... the solution is use a ADSi Edit tool and add read permisso to the Cachebuilder Service Account...

Thanks for all Help...

Hello @Gabriel_Armenta

Glad you figured that part out. That is correct you will need those permissions added to the service account is able to read user rights.

Let us know if you need anything else.

Merle

Answers

I can't read the log file. Looks like symbols. 

So since this is a multi domain environment the setup is going to be a bit different. 

In what domain is the Cireson Cachebuilder service in?
    What domain are you service accounts in?
    What domain are you bringing your users in from?
  • Gabriel_ArmentaGabriel_Armenta Member IT Monkey ✭

Thanks Merlenette to assistme... all Service & Users Account and SCSM Servers are om the same domain... add image

this are the answares to yuo questions

In what domain is the Cireson Cachebuilder service in?

In the same on AD. LAnet

What domain are you service accounts in?

On the Same Lanet

What domain are you bringing your users in from?

all users are on Ad Lanet

Please rename extension of the log file to "Error LOG Cireson Cache Builder.evtx", this log you can view on Windows event viewer

Hello Expers Monkeys... I resolve part of problem... the principal Issue was my 2 AD Contectors in SCSM... Now I Don´t have error and warrings refrence to Users....  But

I still with this error with AD Groups... dont Retrieveing...

"Error was thrown while retrieving group: CN=..."

An the other Error...  

"System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x8007200A): The specified directory service attribute or value does not exist."

Searching on Internet... this error talk about Right Permissos on the Acount...

Question:

What is the Right Permissons to CacheBuilder Action Acount?

Exist a Tool to valide Cache Builder  configuration and Validation funcionality??

In Advance Thanks...

Hi Merle ....  Thanks all .. this information let me view to clear the problem...

And let me tell you the root problem are rigths of CacheBuilder service Account... this account need Read permissos  on the AD Container that the SCSM AD connector query... this is the problem... the solution is use a ADSi Edit tool and add read permisso to the Cachebuilder Service Account...

Thanks for all Help...

Answer ✓

Thanks for all Help...

Hello @Gabriel_Armenta

Glad you figured that part out. That is correct you will need those permissions added to the service account is able to read user rights.

Let us know if you need anything else.

Merle
    Excellent!!! 

THANKS Monkeys !!!