Home Analyst Portal

how to get the correct sorting of work items by SLA status?

Silas_SulserSilas_Sulser Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭

Hi folks

My boss wants to sort all active work items by the SLA Status.

The problem is that it groups the SLO Infos first by breached, warnings and nornmal, like:

for me, it would make a lot more sense, to have the already breached SLAs (red bell) on the very top, then the warnings and then the normal ones...

Is that possible?

Thanks and best regards

Best Answers

Answers

• Peter_SettlePeter_Settle Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    Do you need them to show on 1 view or could you not create separate views for each status.
  • Konstantin_Slavin-BoKonstantin_Slavin-Bo Customer Ninja IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭
    Yes, having different views for the different statuses as Peter Settle is suggesting is a nice way to do it, as it gives a good overview of each SLO status. If you want to stay in one view, you could group the list by SLO, by drag-and-dropping the SLO column to the top box which says "Drag a column header and drop it here to group by that column". This would group the WIs after the SLO status, and maybe give a better overview of all the WIs and their SLO.
    Oh, and each group can also be collapsed, if you just want to look at a particular status, without having to switch view.

Just bear in mind that when you collapse the sections they will expand again when you reload the page.

Actually, you can apparently define custom sort functions on kendo grids, so it might be possible to sort it the way you want directly in the normal view. I'm trying to figure out how to apply a custom sort function on an initialized grid; does anybody have any idea about that? I can get the grid, and the dataSource and call sort() on that, but that only seems to work with predefined 'asc' and 'desc' values. Does anybody know how to apply a custom sort function here?
    Do we really need to be going away for the built in options that we have suggested as I believe these will achieve what Silas is looking for.
    No, no need for that, but the possibility seems to be there. It's always interesting figuring out what you can do with the OotB functionality, as it allows for customization and optimization to one's procedures and preferences.

As a simple example, defining and applying a custom compare function could also allow for one to define that some status should always sort above another, even though they do not sort that way alphabetically, which could help to ensure that analysts see those incidents first.
  • Silas_SulserSilas_Sulser Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭

Many many thanks for your fast and helfpul answers!

@Peter_Settle: This mentioned views sound interesting:

How did you achieve that?

Are that saved searches?

Thank you so much!

They are all promoted views from SCSM, then grouped together using the Navigation options in the Admin settings in the portal.

Views are then linked to specific AD Groups to tie them down to specific teams

• Silas_SulserSilas_Sulser Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭

@Peter_Settle: Many thanks, that pretty much solved my problem! :)

The only remaining problem is, that the "service requests with service level breached"-view includes also all the closed tickets, which makes no sense at all.

Unfortunately it is not possible to duplicate this "service requests with service level breached"-view and Change any criteria settings, because everything is still greyed out:

Does anybody know why everything is greyed out?

thanks and best regards

Silas

edited June 2017
    @Silas_Sulser
    It's because the criteria for the view is defined in XML, which can be setup in ways the criteria builder cannot handle, so it disables the criteria builder.

Do you have the CIreson View Builder? In that you can switch to the XML editor, and make the changes you need.

You can also export the MP you copied the view to and edit the XML directly in the MP and then import it again.
    edited June 2017
    What do you need the view to show? These criteria?

Oh, and also note that the class used to build this view is 'System.WorkItem.ServiceRequest.View.SLAProjectionType' and not just 'Service Request', if you want to build a whole new view yourself.

Or you could copy the All Incidents View and change the class to a combination class which would be 'System.WorkItem.ServiceRequest.View.SLAProjectionType' you would not then need to export any MP's.
    You would still need to edit the criteria in an XML editor, as having multiple criteria on the same property would OR those instead of AND'ing them when using the criteria builder. Again, this can be done directly in the Cireson View Builder, or by exporting, editing and importing the MP.

Sorry but our system contains a view "All Service Requests" which I can copy as its created using the criteria builder and not XML. Perhaps our systems are different in some way.

Hi @Peter_Settle
    Please note, that when doing it that way, the view will show both SRs with status Cancelled and status Closed, as it OR's the two criteria together. I.e. if a SR is Closed, it will fulfill the "does not equal Cancelled" criteria, and therefore be shown. The same for the other way around.

Konstantin_Slavin-Bo Yes I totally agree , however I was just replicating your view in order to confirm that it could be done on our system without touching a MP.

Silas_Sulser it will depend on how your system is set as to whether you need to start exporting , editing and importing the MP. We do not appear to have many views that have been created using the XML Editor.