Home Advanced Request Offering
Options

Using List of Request Offerings as User Prompt

Nick_FlintNick_Flint Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
Has anyone created an ARO with a Query Results user prompt that targets the Request Offerings in the service catalog? We'd like the user to be able to provide feedback on the RO by selecting it from an auto populated list.

Comments

• Options
    Konstantin_Slavin-BoKonstantin_Slavin-Bo Customer Ninja IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭
    I don't see why not? You just set up the query to the RO class, filter on status 'Published' and show e.g. DisplayName, and you should be set. You can add the selected RO as an affected item, so it's related to the WI, and you will know what RO the feedback is for.
  • Options
    That is exactly what I thought too. I'm unable to publish the RO when setup like this. On the options tab of the Configure Query Results screen it doesn't let me select to add it as an affected config item; so I mapped it into the Description. It doesn't seem to like that though.

Here's the screen shots of how I set this up:

• Options
    Hi @Nick_Flint
    That's because you haven't mapped the relationship to the selected object. In the Options tab on Configure Query Results, you need to select to relate the RO to the SR as a Related Item or an Affected Configuration Item.

The multiple mapping in ARO only maps values, not relationships.
  • Options
    Right. Both of the options to map the relationship are unselectable (greyed out).
  • Options
    Ah right, I missed that in your screen shot, sorry. Well then I unfortunately don't know. I'm not sure whether it maybe requires a type projection or something else, to be able to relate a RO to a SR? I'll try to test it out sometime, but I don't really don't know, sorry.
  • Options
    No worries, I appreciate you taking the time you have. For now, I'll use a simple list.
  • Options
    Geoff_RossGeoff_Ross Cireson Consultant O.G.
    @Nick_Flint

You might, and i mean might, be able to do as you have done, leave it unpublished, export the MP, edit the XML so that it maps with a custom RO to SR relationship and then re-import and publish.

Geoff