Home User Device Affinity

Remote Connect directly via CmRcViewer.exe

Adrian_MataiszAdrian_Mataisz Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
Any way to have CmRcViewer.exe open and connect by right clinking on the device name?

I have a Custom Auction for it in Remote Manage App but if Winrm quickconfig is not enabled on the client I cannot get to the Custom Actions.

Answers

• wally_meadwally_mead Member Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    Hi Adrian,

You do need to have WinRM enabled to use the Remote Manage app. That is a requirement of our app.

As to a right-click for it, we only show Other tab, which is where you can launch Remote Control from (as well as Remote Desktop and many other actions).

Hope that helps,

Wally
  • Marek_LefekMarek_Lefek Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    Hi Wally, we have the same situation. 

When our ServiceDesk have a call from customer, thay only want to connect with his desktop by msra.exe. We have defined "Custom Action" in "Remote Manage app" but to use it we need to connect and it take time or sometimes it is not possible to connect by WINRM and run "Custom action" - but it is possible to run .
    Usually we connect as below:
    1. Use UDA to find computer by user,
    2. Click Right button on computer name to "Open in Remote App".
    3. Wait for connection.
    4. Go to custom action and choose "Connect by Windows Remote Assistance - MSRA".

We would like to add custom action from Remote APP in UDA (or only action that we don't need WinRM eg. MSRA or RDP). After this the path to get on user desktop will be shorter:
    1. Use UDA to find computer by user,
    2. Click Right on computer name to use
    -  "Connect by MSRA" - (run %windir%\system32\msra.exe /offera  %RM:NetbiosName%) - then MSRA 
    - "Connect by RDP" - then RDP windows OPEN, 
    - "Copy computer name",
    - costomable "custom action" - extra option .

I notice that there is "App Launcher" and it is great, but there could be able:
    1. MSRA Connetion
    2. Integration with UDA - that could read in app devices from SCCM server

Marek

Hi Marek,

We do not have any customization capabilities in the UDA app unfortunately. So this would not be possible currently.

As you mentioned we have released the Cireson App Launcher. It already has Remote Desktop integrated into it, and I believe that you can add custom actions to it. However it does not integrate with the UDA app to allow any right-click functionality (although it has the UDA app built-in as one of the four sample apps in the App Launcher).

You could certainly go to the Feature Requests area for the Configuration Manager apps and submit a feature request for this feature (custom actions) for the UDA app. We could then see if it is requested by others to push it up the priority list for a future update to that app.

Thanks,

Wally
  • Marek_LefekMarek_Lefek Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    Thanks for response. I made CR - link
    Thanks for doing so Marek. I guess since this is a feature request (which has now been created), this specific thread is now closed out. If you agree, can you mark it as answered so others will know what the answer is if they search for it?
This discussion has been closed.