Home Service Manager Portal Feature Requests
We appreciate you taking the time to vote and add your suggestions to make our products awesome! Your request will be submitted to the community for review and inclusion into the backlog.

We recommend reviewing what is submitted before posting, in case your idea has already been submitted by another community member. If it has been submitted, vote for that existing feature request (by clicking the up arrow) to increase its opportunity of being added to Cireson solutions.

For more information around feature requests in the Cireson Community click here.

Quick Actions in grid view (My Work/Team Work/Active Work)

Martin_BlomgrenMartin_Blomgren Customer Ninja IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭
Add a column to the grid in My Work/Team Work/Active Work with 'Quick Action' buttons so that the analyst can perform common actions without the need to actually open the work item.

Quick Actions could for example be:
- Assign to me
- Support Group
- Add Comment
- Attach File
- Add Related CI
- And more..

With this in place there would be a lot less clicks to get things done, using 'Tasks' to edit a single work item is cumbersome and lacking a lot of common tasks. All great ideas to my current custom works from other community members lately made me realize that together with a work item preview on title hover (testing my custom solution internally before community release, better yet upvote the existing feature request for this!) a Quick Actions column is really improving the workload!

Started an embryo on this which will serve as a mockup:

Together with a work item preview peek on hover:

55 votes

Submitted · Last Updated

Comments

• Matt_Strachan1Matt_Strachan1 Member IT Monkey ✭
    This would be amazing to have on the portal. We have had many requests for features that a Quick Action column would solve. Do you know if this would be a solution that could be put into place with the community portal? I have done some digging and cannot seem to get some additional features to work. Do you have a solution that could be uploaded yet? Or a guide on how this could be completed?
  • Tom_HendricksTom_Hendricks Customer Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kendo docs indicate that you cannot simply add a column to a grid--you are supposed to destroy the grid, add the column to your data source, and then rebuild the grid.  I have seen hacks for this, but they have not worked reliably / predictably.

That is one reason that this feature should be supported.  To further illustrate the point, let's say I want to add a "log comment" button.  Where should I put it?  If I put it in the first several columns, clicking it will just open the ticket.  Having an "Actions" column would really open the door to simple but effective custom buttons.
  • Martin_BlomgrenMartin_Blomgren Customer Ninja IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭
    @Matt_Strachan1, I haven't pursued this any more then what you see in the initial screenshot. It is possible to create an additional column to the view but every time the grid refreshes that column is gone since it's not in the data source. You could bind to the refresh event and add the column again, not exactly endorsed by Kendo but it works.

So to answer your question, and anybody else, vote this up if this is something you want. This way it will be properly done!

• Marek_LefekMarek_Lefek Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    This is great. Wortking with activities one by one takes much time.
  • Gabriel_LencesGabriel_Lences Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭

I don't know how I haven't found this thread earlier. Upvoted, looks awesome.

• Justin_WorkmanJustin_Workman Cireson Support Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭

@Gabriel_Lences - Have you seen this thread? @Ryan_Lane starts by answering @Mikkel_Madsen's question and finishes up by creating an ENTIRE FRAMEWORK for custom grid tasks!

• Gabriel_LencesGabriel_Lences Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭

@Justin_Workman just took a quick glance at it , that looks awesome thanks for the info, I didn't know about this being a thing at all.

• Peter_MiklianPeter_Miklian Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭

This would be really awesome! Upvoted.