Home Service Manager Portal Feature Requests
We appreciate you taking the time to vote and add your suggestions to make our products awesome! Your request will be submitted to the community for review and inclusion into the backlog.

We recommend reviewing what is submitted before posting, in case your idea has already been submitted by another community member. If it has been submitted, vote for that existing feature request (by clicking the up arrow) to increase its opportunity of being added to Cireson solutions.

For more information around feature requests in the Cireson Community click here.
Options

Selectable Action Log comment type if Affected User is an Analyst

Leigh_KildayLeigh_Kilday Member Ninja IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭
We're using the Action Log Notify app. When an Analyst is the Affected User of a SR/IR, I need the Assigned To user to receive an email notification when the Affected User submits Action Log comments.

It would be ideal if Analysts could select which type of Action Log entry they'd like to make.
24 votes

Submitted · Last Updated

Comments

• Options
    Ingrid_GlatzIngrid_Glatz Customer Adept IT Monkey ✭✭
    Just stumbled into the same issue where I'm analyst and affected user of a service request. Doesn't seem to work to send a message.
  • Options
    Sharon_SpearsSharon_Spears Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭

I have the same issue, this is now a big problem for our business since a large number of staff across our org are not using the portal to manage incoming jobs for their area, plus still logging jobs to other teams, like ICT Services.

Dealing with users who are analysts, but still log jobs and want to add comments to jobs (as the affected user of the job) is a problem. 

Our scenario is  -  I have a job, where I am the 'Affected User' its assigned to another team member.  But when I add a comment to the job (technically acting as the affected user) it still puts my comment down as 'analyst comment' in action log.

We have automatic emails setup to be sent to analysts when and 'end user' comment is triggered on a job.  Technically I'm the end user (affected user) of this job, but my comments aren't going to the Assigned to user, they are coming to me (Affected User) because the action log has recorded the comments as analyst not end user.

There has to be a logical way to deal with this, I'm sure this would be affecting users of the portal more than just 10+ that have supported this feature request.

Thanks, hope this make sense
    Sharon

• Options
    Silas_SulserSilas_Sulser Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭

We are facing the same problems. We are more than 40 emplyoees in IT department, and the action log notifications don't work, if the affected user and assigned user are both analysts.

• Options
    Brett_MoffettBrett_Moffett Cireson PACE Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've had this request from a customer too. Analyst Notify app will not notify the Assigned User of updates to the job if the Affected User is an Analyst.
    In organisations that use SCSM for a wider context within the business often the affected user is also classified as an analyst.
    It would be good to have a check that if an Action Log comment is added by the Affected User, regardless of if they are an analyst or not, a notification should be sent to the Assigned User.
    If the Assigned user and Affected user are the same, ignore this rule.
  • Options
    Sharon_SpearsSharon_Spears Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭

@brett_Moffett - This is becoming a really big issue for us too.  All our areas have got on board the service manager portal so a large proportion of our staff are now analysts. 

If an affected user (also an analyst) add a comment to a job assigned to somebody else my email notification on comment log changes don't send because their comment log is as 'analyst' not 'end user'.

I don't have a lot of knowledge of orchestrator to develop a solution, this what was recommended by Cireson Support.

So I have the dilemma, do I just turn on email notifications for all comments to both assign and affected and effectively spam everybody.

• Options
    Sean_TerrySean_Terry Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    Like this idea a lot. Could we combine this with other ideas for the Action Log box as there is a lot of potential for improvements:

https://community.cireson.com/discussion/4478/action-log-comment-improved-character-count/p1?new=1