Home Advanced Request Offering

Redirect to Custom Portal Page

Alex_MarshAlex_Marsh Premier Partner Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
Hi

We've added a custom page to the portal which is accessible via the navigation node on the left. We would however like to hide the node and just use an advanced request offering with a redirect link directly to the URL of the custom page. I have noticed however that this does not work unless the page is visible from the navigation pane (i.e. the custom page only loads via the request offering if the page is set to visible in the navigation node).
How can I use this advanced RO functionality and hide the sidebar link to the page?

Answers

• Conner_WoodConner_Wood Customer Ninja IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2017
    Ah, I have this issue as well....

Edit:  Joe from Cireson has a solution below for custom page being visible like all the other forms while not being present as a link on the side menu...  Very detailed guide, thank you!
  • Joe_BurrowsJoe_Burrows Cireson Devops Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi

We've added a custom page to the portal which is accessible via the navigation node on the left. We would however like to hide the node and just use an advanced request offering with a redirect link directly to the URL of the custom page. I have noticed however that this does not work unless the page is visible from the navigation pane (i.e. the custom page only loads via the request offering if the page is set to visible in the navigation node).
    How can I use this advanced RO functionality and hide the sidebar link to the page?
    You could create your custom page as a view and viewpanel in customspace rather than a navnode in the DB, then direct link to the view.
  • Conner_WoodConner_Wood Customer Ninja IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭
    Tutorial?
    Tutorial?
    Crude Example:

Create view in \CustomSpace\Views called CustomPage1.JS

{ "Id" : "CustomPage1", "pageTitle": "CustomPage1", "layoutType" : "full", "view" : { "header" : { "title" : "", "subTitle" : "" }, "body" : { "content" : { "rows" : [{ "columns" : [{ "ColSpan" : 12, "type" : "viewPanel", "ViewPanelId" : "CustomPage1ViewPanel" } ] } ] } } } }

Create viewpanel in \CustomSpace\Views\ViewPanels called CustomPage1ViewPanel.js

{
    	"id" : "CustomPage1ViewPanel",
    	"TypeId" : "html",
    	"Definition": {
    		"content" : "<div id='ng-app' class='survey-app'></div><script>$('#ng-app').load('/CustomSpace/CustomPage1.html');</script>"
    	}
    }

Create your custom HTML Page called custompage1.html in \Custompace 

Add your custompage URL http://portal/view/custompage1 to ARO:

• Alex_MarshAlex_Marsh Premier Partner Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    So is there a way of getting the navnode from the DB and converting that into the above?
  • Alex_MarshAlex_Marsh Premier Partner Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    Well taking the code from navigation node and view panel and creating a view and view panel respectively doesn't seem to work. 
    We've had a third party create a page which is in the nav node and I'm trying to move it so it can be set as a RO. Keen to learn how to do this but seem to be hitting barriers and documentation around this is sparse
  • Eric_KrasnerEric_Krasner Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    OK, i know that this is an older thread, but I am having trouble implementing this solution.  I have followed the steps outlined above and when I create a link to the ARO, it doesn't open it automatically, it opens a page with the ARO link on it that I have to click, which in turn doesn't open the new page.  I could really use some help.  Thanks.

OK, i know that this is an older thread, but I am having trouble implementing this solution.  I have followed the steps outlined above and when I create a link to the ARO, it doesn't open it automatically, it opens a page with the ARO link on it that I have to click, which in turn doesn't open the new page.  I could really use some help.  Thanks.

Tick this and it will redirect without going to the ARO page: