Home Analyst Portal

Can you limit who can see KB articles by group?

Matt_GiardinaMatt_Giardina Customer IT Monkey ✭
Sorry if this has been asked before but I am trying to figure out if there is a way that our general end users can be prevented from seeing our internal TS KB articles. We currently have to use the Analyst tab and just note for end users that this is internal only but they still show up in search results.  Can you security trim this so end users don't see our internal articles?

Answers

• Gerhard_GoossensGerhard_Goossens Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    I'm sitting with the same problem, it will be awesome if we can scope the access to certain groups.
  • Jeff_LangJeff_Lang Customer Ninja IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭
    when creating the KB Article's, if nothing is put into the End User Content at all, then this will not show for End Users, but after something is added to the end user content it will show for them, and will continue to show after the end user content is removed..

I've had some articles where end user content was added by mistake, and these showed for end users, to get around this and hide them from end users again, i had to edit the sql and change the end user content to "NULL" to hide it again.
  • Matt_GiardinaMatt_Giardina Customer IT Monkey ✭

So either set the null value in the DB for these pre-existing articles or create brand new ones with nothing in End User and it won't show?

I just tried creating one from scratch and this seems to work.

• Gerhard_GoossensGerhard_Goossens Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    I understand that you can limit what the end users see, my problem is we have different departments that has analysts in the system like IT, HR, Finance etc. So I dont want them to see each others analyst content for security/privacy reasons.

I was thinking of maybe scoping access like we do with the announcements where we target certain groups.

• Brett_MoffettBrett_Moffett Cireson PACE Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just has this same request from a customer.
    At this time it is not possible to limit who can see a KB article but I have entered a feature request here: https://community.cireson.com/discussion/2873/ability-to-limit-kb-articles-to-specific-groups/p1?new=1

So get to voting on it and lets see if it get's high enough to get included in a future release. :)