Home Asset Excel

Modified classes in Asset Excel

Kostiantyn_BukovetskKostiantyn_Bukovetsk Customer IT Monkey ✭
We have added new tab with new field to Purchase Order form. When starting Asset Excel there are no changes in excel sheet, new field did not appear.
Is it possible to make Asset Excel read and display such changes?

Best Answer

• Nicholas_VelichNicholas_Velich Cireson Consultant Ninja IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Hi Kostiantyn,

Custom properties should automatically appear as a column in the most recent versions of Asset Excel. For example, I quickly made an extension of the PO class to demonstrate this:

If you had Asset Excel open prior to the extension, you will need to restart Excel / reconnect to Asset Excel.

What version of Asset Excel and Cireson Asset Management are you currently running?

Thanks,
    Nick

Answers

Answer ✓
    Hi Kostiantyn,

Custom properties should automatically appear as a column in the most recent versions of Asset Excel. For example, I quickly made an extension of the PO class to demonstrate this:

If you had Asset Excel open prior to the extension, you will need to restart Excel / reconnect to Asset Excel.

What version of Asset Excel and Cireson Asset Management are you currently running?

Thanks,
    Nick
  • Kostiantyn_BukovetskKostiantyn_Bukovetsk Customer IT Monkey ✭
    Hi Nicholas,

I have installed Asset Excel 7.5.2012.2148 connected to Cireson AM 7.9.2012.151. I have tried to restart and reconnect, still no changes. Do we need to restart any SCSM services to apply changes for Asset Excel?
    Shouldn't need to. To test it out above, I created the extension, imported, and reconnected to Asset Excel and it was all there without any service restarts.

For your additional fields in the PO class, how did you add them-- via Extended or Inherited class? Also, what kind of field did you add?
    Extended class with string field
    Hmmm, that is exactly what I did in this case. I think we would need to do a deeper dive to know what's going on here, as it should be working based on what you described. Can you open a Support Incident for this? They should be able to hop on a call with you to take a look.
    Will do this.
    Thank you for your responce! At least I found out that the application supports changes.
  • damon_mulligandamon_mulligan Cireson Consultant Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    @Kostiantyn_Bukovetsk
    Were you able to get this resolved?
    Hi Damon,

Yes, it works fine on production site. 
  • damon_mulligandamon_mulligan Cireson Consultant Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    Glad to hear. Thanks for the update.
This discussion has been closed.