Home Analyst Portal

SCSM Portal 8.0.2016.6 issues

Leigh_KildayLeigh_Kilday Member Ninja IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭
Just letting you all know I've had issues with the latest Cireson SCSM portal (8.0.2016.6). I've already raised these in the Cireson Support Portal.
  1. A vote does not get processed when an Approval is made. The activity completes and there is no record of action being taken.
  2. Skipped activities are briefly active until the workflow figures out they have been skipped. It sequences through each item and takes a bit longer than normal, possibly triggering emails depending on what has been configured.
  3. Issues with the Platform service during the installation that have not shown to have a detrimental effect on the portal.
After I found these I restored by VM snapshot and DB from backup, so there are possibly others.

Comments

• Alistair_PleasantAlistair_Pleasant Customer IT Monkey ✭
    Hi Leigh,

We have also come across multiple issues once upgrading to version 8.

1. Top requests on the portal are not being populated! The cache builder service does not seem to be populating the database with any values.
    2. There is no context to approvals when approving change requests via the portal. 
    3. We have also found issues when approving as part of a single or multiple approval groups. 
    Has anyone else found any further or similar issues with the new release?
  • Tom_HendricksTom_Hendricks Customer Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    1. A vote does not get processed when an Approval is made. The activity completes and there is no record of action being taken.
    Was this just in the new approval page, or is this occurring in the RA's inside of tickets now, too?  I am still doing some regression testing and haven't gotten there yet.  I will provide my own update after that point, but I am still curious how it worked in your environment, either way.
    Issues with the Platform service during the installation that have not shown to have a detrimental effect on the portal.
    I also encountered permission errors with anything that attempts to and endpoint starting with /platform/.  I wonder if there is any configuration that needs to take place, which wasn't specified in the install KB (which was updated to say v8 in the title, so it at least got a quick look)?  So the "improved" asset views have to stay disabled for now.
  • Leigh_KildayLeigh_Kilday Member Ninja IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭
    Hi @Tom_Hendricks, we tested the new approval page only, and reverted to our previous state before we tested the conventional method.

We had the platform part stall the installer by about 7 minutes and the event logs showed errors with 443 already in use, or something to that effect. The platform service was running, but I wasn't sure what it is meant to do as its description is similar to that of the cache builder.

Thanks for your additions, @Alistair_Pleasant.
  • Leigh_KildayLeigh_Kilday Member Ninja IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭
    I've tested a bit more and found (again, all of these are raised as IRs):
    1. The installer does not provide access to the CiresonAnalytics db or ServiceManager db. This has to be performed manually.
    2. The new approver form does not refresh after updating the SR or RA details
    3. Text in the new approver form does not wrap and no horizontal scrollbar is present.
  • Tony_CollettTony_Collett Cireson Support Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi Leigh, 
    I've gone through the issues you raised and rpovided answers on the support portal. I will update this thread with details of resolutions as we are able to fix the problems. 
    Hang tight. 
    Regards, Tony
  • Nick_FlintNick_Flint Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭

I just installed 8.0.2016.7 today. I was able to create a new SR with a RA and approve that RA from the new Approval page.

I tried Rerunning an RA on an existing SR and can't get it to show up in the My Work view. I was able to manually open the RA in the new Approval page by using the URL and RA ID. Approval worked as before. Opened IR67236.

From the new approval page, I was able to  Reject an RA after I had Approved it even thought the RA was COMPLETED and the next activity was In Progress. I couldn't do this from the Work Item page. Opened IR67238.

• Tom_HendricksTom_Hendricks Customer Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2017
    Confirming that approvals can still be done the old way, in v8.0.2016.6 and 7.

(FYI for those who have scripted their install:  the URL to the clickonce installer has changed for 8.0.2016.7.  My first version of this comment stated it was not available, but that was because my URL targeted the .6 version still)

The Platform service still appears to be an issue.  It simply won't authenticate. (401 Unauthorized) Also (unsure if related), we are getting a number of 500 errors (no apparent pattern) against the API.