Home Analyst Portal

Create "New Change Request" from drawermenu

Ben_TeyBen_Tey Partner Adept IT Monkey ✭✭
Can we have the "New Change Request" item under drawer menu same like "New Service Request" ?

Best Answer

Answers

• Peter_SettlePeter_Settle Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭

Due to the very nature of a Change Request, I would not have thought that anyone would like to present a vanilla form to an Implementer.

I have templates for everything to do with change control.

The most used I.e. Normal , Emergency or Urgent have **** infront of the title in order to bring them to the top of the template list.

• Davin_ClouthierDavin_Clouthier Customer Adept IT Monkey ✭✭
    I also like this idea, we are moving to a "if its not a incident or in the service catalog its a change" methodology. Where the people filling out the initial change don't really know the severity or proper classifications necessarly but will fill out as much as they can.

So our current plan without this is remove all our current static templates and make a single blank template for service desk to use, with custom tasks to apply the workflow to the item after it is created. What I would much rather is a blank change at this level caked in so i could just scan saved templates for workflows with my javascript instead of staticly having them maintained inside the javascript itself.
  • Ben_TeyBen_Tey Partner Adept IT Monkey ✭✭
    There are requirement to have standard CR template for "New Service Request". Is this possible ?
    There are new key found under ServiceManagement DB, Key name "DefaultChangeRequestTemplate" and value "StandardChangeRequest". Anyone can guide on how to add "New Change Request" into the drawer menu ?
    Found the code can achieve customer requirement, but still can't figure how to use js to append this code when click on New -> Work Item -> Change Request
    <li class="drawer-button" data-click="open" data-desc="Create a new Change Request" data-click-template="crCreate"><i class="drawer-icon ci ci-new-release-record"></i><a href="/ChangeRequest/New/e789b174-0da1-eecb-7467-f9cb1fa6079d"><span class="drawermenu-tile-link"><font color="white">New Change Request</font></span></a></li>

Any expert can help me out ?
  • Tyson_ArztTyson_Arzt Customer IT Monkey ✭
    I just want to through this into the discussion, we have our Change Request set up as on offering. So there is a "templated" offering for the end users to interact with. 

There is some XML work involved, but you can create an offering on the portal using the Change Request class. This allows you to advertise the Change just like any other request offering (you can see we did this for Release Records as well):

Or you can even create it's own little "special" place on the portal. We just did both:

It has worked out nicely for us, though I don't know that it would work for everyone.