Home Advanced Request Offering

preset the value of a checkbox to true

Hello,

I'm working on a request where it would be beneficial to preset some of the checkbox values when the request offering first loads.  My current configuration requires me to switch the value once before it hides the correct field.  I've looked at all of the options in GUI.

Is there an easy way to do this?

Thanks in advance.

Best Answer

Answers

• Jarrett_FaulkJarrett_Faulk Customer IT Monkey ✭
    there is a current feature request for pre-population of data on service requests (i'll try and find it to link) but as a bit of a work around for the issue your seeing with your advance request offering would be to change the logic of when the fields hide

i.e 

Show when true when X = True
    Show when false when X <> True
    Show when true when X <> False
    Show when false when X = False 

all produce the same outcome against a checkbox but swapping them around will cause the GUI to act differently when the request form is first opened
    I've tried every one of those combinations and the issue remains.  My guess is the field in the ARO is set to null and it will only function the way I want after the first check box is marked and then unmarked.  Here the screen shots of the states that i would like to see the request in.  But as I mentioned I have to mark and then unmark the first check box before the request starts to work correctly. I'm uncertain as to how to overcome that functionality.

Thanks again for any assistance