Home Analyst Portal

Key component of customizations gone in v8? (/api/V3/CreateProjectionByTemplate)

Tom_HendricksTom_Hendricks Customer Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
It appears as though the CreateProjectionByTemplate endpoint has been removed from the API in v8.  It is no longer in the API doc, code that references it no longer works, and I only get errors back when trying to hit it directly with PostMan.  500 errors, to be specific, which is why I am unsure of this.

So is this gone, or not?  If so, how should one update their code to compensate?

Best Answers

Answers

• Tom_HendricksTom_Hendricks Customer Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am able to add some context, as I figured out how to get more of an error message than "500":

"Message":"An error has occurred.","ExceptionMessage":"Multiple actions were found that match the
    request: CreateProjectionByTemplate on type
    CiresonWebConsole.Controllers.api.V3.ProjectionControllerCreateProjectionByTemplate on type CiresonWebConsole.Contr
    ollers.api.V3.ProjectionController","ExceptionType":"System.InvalidOperationException","StackTrace":" at
    System.Web.Http.Controllers.ApiControllerActionSelector.ActionSelectorCacheItem.SelectAction(HttpControllerContext
    controllerContext) at System.Web.Http.Controllers.ApiControllerActionSelector.SelectAction(HttpControllerContext
    controllerContext) at System.Web.Http.ApiController.ExecuteAsync(HttpControllerContext controllerContext,
    CancellationToken cancellationToken) at System.Web.Http.Dispatcher.HttpControllerDispatcher.d__1.MoveNext()"

• Davin_ClouthierDavin_Clouthier Customer Adept IT Monkey ✭✭
    We have also ran into this problem on our staging environment luckily caught just before heading to production. Hopefully there is a way around this!