Home Asset Management

Unable to Update Software Asset

Tom_HydeTom_Hyde Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
We are having a problem when trying to update any of our Software Assets - We are getting the below error message:-

Cireson Asset Management
propertyName
Additional Information:
Date: 13/06/2016 09:25:58
Application: System Center Service Manager
Application Version: 7.5.3079.607
Severity: Error

System.ArgumentException: propertyName
   at Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.UI.SdkDataAccess.DataAdapters.EnterpriseManagementObjectProjectionDataType.GetPropertyValue(Object source, String propertyName)
   at Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.UI.DataModel.BindableDataItem`1.get_Item(String propertyName)
   at Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.UI.SdkDataAccess.DataAdapters.BindableCachedDataItem`1.get_Item(String propertyName)
   at AssetManagement.ConsoleTasks.Helpers.a(IDataItem A_0, EnterpriseManagementObject A_1)
   at AssetManagement.ConsoleTasks.Helpers.a(IDataItem A_0, EnterpriseManagementGroup A_1, Boolean A_2, Int32 A_3, Int32 A_4)

Has anyone come across this before or am i doing something wrong??

Best Answer

• Tom_HydeTom_Hyde Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    @joivan_hedrick Yes, it appears using the form task for 'Update Software Asset' works OK.

Answers

• joivan_hedrickjoivan_hedrick Cireson Consultant Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    This error most often occurs after extending a class without closing the console and reopening it. Does it persist after restarting the console, or trying it from a different workstation/server?
    Yes, tried closing and opening the console locally and off a server and still continue to get the error
    A few followup questions: Do you have any class or form customizations in place for software assets? Does the same error occur when create a new software asset, as opposed to editing an existing one? Do other Asset Management modules work, with only Software Assets giving you issues?
    We have no form customisations and the error continues to appear when creating a new asset or updating. All the other asset management modules work fine.
    Nothing is jumping out at me so far. You are currently on SCSM UR9, what version of Asset Management? Do you have a lab that this is reproducible in by chance? 
    UR9 and it only started happening when we updated to the latest version of the asset management.
    I can set it up in our lab environment but currently its not on there.
  • Kristi_MillerKristi_Miller Customer IT Monkey ✭

We are also getting this same error after updating to the latest version of the asset management.

This error also occurs for me when using the 'Update Software Asset' console task when in a view, but seems to work when opening the Software Asset and using the task within the open form for the Software Asset. I'm looking into the former - can you confirm that using the form task for 'Update Software Asset' works for you in the meantime? (and/or let me know if you are seeing a different issue). 
    Answer ✓
    @joivan_hedrick Yes, it appears using the form task for 'Update Software Asset' works OK.