Home General Discussion

Feedback for v8 Upgrade

Chris_KeanderChris_Keander Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
I'm reaching out to the Cireson community to see if there's anyone that's done what we're about to do:  An upgrade from v6.0.3.1 to the latest v8.

If so, did you encounter any hiccups along the way?  Any tips/info on what to expect?

I have no screenshots of what v8 looks like (or v7 for that matter) to know if the UI changes drastically, or if I'll have to re-do all of my custom.css work to retain the look and feel of the site.

Thanks in advance!

Best Answers

Answers

• Chris_KeanderChris_Keander Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    Recommended to upgrade to the latest v7 (v7.4.201[X].11) instead of v8 if we're on a tight timeline?

Also, the Previous Versions page only has up to v6 from what I can tell:
    http://softwaredownloads.cireson.com/#!/portal-old

Where's the best place to get the v7 installers?

• Tom_HendricksTom_Hendricks Customer Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    Recommended to upgrade to the latest v7 (v7.4.201[X].11) instead of v8 if we're on a tight timeline?

For now, I would recommend that.  I like some of the v8 features, but it broke some of our production functionality (after passing tests in the lower environments, because the tests did not involve the other apps that use that API).  I have an incident placed in for it, but still no workaround about a week later.
    I noticed 8.1 is out.  Have you had a chance to test it in your environment?  Are the issues you experienced a thing of the past now?
  • Tom_HendricksTom_Hendricks Customer Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have, and it made no difference.  I have an incident open which looks like it was captured as a Problem also. 
  • David_HicksDavid_Hicks Customer IT Monkey ✭
    We upgraded to 8.1 3 days ago and have had a licensing problem ever since.  The upgrade included upgrading licensing management packs and related dll's, but the product cannot seem to identify its own license.  I have a support Incident open.
    Haha.. no worries.  We aren't using any heavy customization other than hiding a few elements and using custom.css for changing the look and feel of the portal.  Hopefully the v8.1 upgrade won't create any headaches.

I appreciate the input!