Home Analyst Portal

How can I easily link articles between them ?

Stephane_BouillonStephane_Bouillon Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
Is there an easy way (wiki style) to connect different articles ? For example for an onboarding article, I may wish to list a number of steps (activities) with a KB Article for each step. At least, I expected to be able to add other articles to the "Related Items" for an article, but currently in our implementation I can only add Service Offerings and Request Offerings.

Answers

• seth_coussensseth_coussens Member Ninja IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭
    The only way to do this currently is to simply place a URL to the other article inside the first article.
  • Davin_ClouthierDavin_Clouthier Customer Adept IT Monkey ✭✭
    How we are solving this is we like you have onboarding articles, in our world onboarding is one of our business services (Defined in a CI of type Business Service). So all the related knowledge articles are tied to that service. We also tie all the related servers, databases, ad roles etc to that service so its a great service catalog supporter if you are an ITIL shop. Something goes wrong for the business service at any level, the service owner can be notified.

Hope this gives you some ideas how you could tackle it
  • Stephane_BouillonStephane_Bouillon Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    Thanks for your time and effort Seth and Davin,

So, if I understand correctly you have a service offering "Onboarding" ? In our environment I have a Service Offering Employee Management, and Onboarding is a Service Request within that service (as is Employee Exit, Internal move, ...). How would you recommend I go about grouping the KB articles (we are on version 7.4 of the portal). I added a service request offering to an article, but I don't see that reflected in the KB portal pages, the categories, or anywhere else. What am I missing ? Linking the Service Offering as a whole may be too broad for our purposes.

Stephane