Home Self-Service Portal - Community

A few issues with SSP

Hello all,

I am very new to cireson self-service portal, which I like very much and I think it is Awesome.

I do have few issues that I need help addressing, which I think is going to be configuration that's not done correctly or was not done at all, so either way we'll see, and hope you all can help me.

here they are:
  1. Stale connection to SCSM. I have not seen this that much, but it's there, and it happens after long time of inactivity in the portal's page, so is there anything that can be done to prevent this from happening?
  2. Unable to see display prompts and answers. This is related to forms that we have display only questions that are have the answers with them already and it's more of an FYI for the end-users, which are seen just fine in the out of the box SSP, while it's not the case with Cireson SSP and the built-in answers are not making it through either.
  3. Knowdge articles open as rtf files rather than html.
  4. Allow seeing and opening attachments with KAs.
  5. Grant access to KAs based on group membership. I would like to be able to control that, because there are some KAs that are intended for IT only and I would like to prevent end-users from seeing them.
  6. Unable to search by KA number. I am not able to search by KA number while I am able to search by text within the KAs.
all help and comments very much appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Best Answer

• AutoFitAutoFit Member IT Monkey ✭
    Answer ✓
    Alright, so the issue with the display only not showing was caused by not having one of the options as the default within SCSM, which has a single option only that I wanted end users see and not have to change, so that's fixed too.

the only thing left at this point is the knowledge articles issue opening as rft, but there's nothing that I can do about for now.

Answers

For what it's worth, we went ahead and purchased the support, so as soon as it is in effect, I will work with the support on these issues and post the solutions here if any.
  • Joe_BurrowsJoe_Burrows Cireson Devops Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi AutoFit

1. Any more details as to the issue on this one, we do have a number of performance tweaks you can make if your referring to the app-pool.

2. Not sure if display only show as user input.

3. Out of the box SCSM knowledge articles do open as rtf files, the cireson portal uses its own knowledge base engine and stores these in the Cireson Servicemangement database. You will need to recreate these knowledge articles in the Cireson portal if you want these in HTML. Checkout this script here to help move them: https://community.cireson.com/discussion/2458 

4. Once you switch to HTML KBs, you can embed urls, content, pictures etc.

5. You cant control KB's based on group membership, however if they are only for IT staff only create KBs with the content in the Analysts Content section that way its not visible to end users. Feature request open here for group control: https://community.cireson.com/discussion/2873/ability-to-limit-kb-articles-to-specific-groups 

6. It is only text search, however a workaround if you add the number to the keyword field on the Cireson HTML KBs such as 'KB1176' you could then search for this.

Hope that helps!
    Regards
    Joe
    Joe,
    so in our forms we have some fields that are pre-populated with information and they set for display only rather than being required or optional:

I'll continue with the rest since I really filled this post up really had :)
    sorry the first one is from the built in SSP and the second one is fromthe Cireson SSP, and then the last one is from SCSM console.
    I am not too worried about first issue of Stale connection to SCSM, because it has not happened that much.
    as far as knowledge base concern looks like Cireson just didn't care about it enough to actually do anything based on what I saw thus far, sorry for saying it this way, but that's how I see it.

I guess I will leave the knowledge issue alone and live with it as is, so please help me with the display only fields.

Thanks
    MJ
    Answer ✓
    Alright, so the issue with the display only not showing was caused by not having one of the options as the default within SCSM, which has a single option only that I wanted end users see and not have to change, so that's fixed too.

the only thing left at this point is the knowledge articles issue opening as rft, but there's nothing that I can do about for now.