Home Service Manager Portal Feature Requests
We appreciate you taking the time to vote and add your suggestions to make our products awesome! Your request will be submitted to the community for review and inclusion into the backlog.

We recommend reviewing what is submitted before posting, in case your idea has already been submitted by another community member. If it has been submitted, vote for that existing feature request (by clicking the up arrow) to increase its opportunity of being added to Cireson solutions.

For more information around feature requests in the Cireson Community click here.

Adding the ability to select an Affected user that is not in AD

Having the ability to add an Affected user who is not in AD would be very helpful. We have some external clients that require assistance with some outward facing applications. Currently in SCSM we added them to the SMInternal Domain User list. My understanding is that because CacheBuilder pulls the information from the DistingushedName field in AD it can not see the SMInternal Domain information.

Karen

2 votes

Submitted · Last Updated

Comments

• Adam_DzyackyAdam_Dzyacky Product Owner Contributor Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    A way to possibly achieve this is taking advantage of the Exchange Connector and its behavior of creating new users in the CMDB that are external accounts. So if an external 3rd party emails your workflow account, the Exchange Connector will create a new user account in the CMDB with that email address as the notification channel. That said, this external user would be available for selection within the Cireson Portal.
  • Joe_BurrowsJoe_Burrows Cireson Devops Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2017
    A way to possibly achieve this is taking advantage of the Exchange Connector and its behavior of creating new users in the CMDB that are external accounts. So if an external 3rd party emails your workflow account, the Exchange Connector will create a new user account in the CMDB with that email address as the notification channel. That said, this external user would be available for selection within the Cireson Portal.
    +1

Another option\workaround is to create the object in the CMDB, using powershell, orchestrator, SMA etc creating them in the Microsoft AD User class (With a dummy DN) - this way they dont exist in AD but will also show in the portal.
  • Karen_Bruster1Karen_Bruster1 Member IT Monkey ✭

Joe,
    I am new to creating objects in the CMDB using PowerShell, can you give me an example please. I have a feeling this is probably the best way to handle it.

Thank you,

Karen

+1

Another option\workaround is to create the object in the CMDB, using powershell, orchestrator, SMA etc creating them in the Microsoft AD User class (With a dummy DN) - this way they dont exist in AD but will also show in the portal.

Joe,
    I am new to creating objects in the CMDB using PowerShell, can you give me an example please. I have a feeling this is probably the best way to handle it.

Thank you,

Karen

edited August 2017
    Just need to use microsoft.ad.user class & enter a value for DN so its not empty.

Example:

$ADClass = get-scsmclass "Microsoft.AD.User$"

$param=@{Domain="SMInternal";
            UserName="qbt.testUserName";
            DisplayName="qbt.DisplayName";
            FirstName="qbt.testfirstname";
            LastName="qbt.testLastname";
            Company="qbt.testCompany";
            DistinguishedName ="OU=Support,DC=sm,DC=internal";
            BusinessPhone="55511234";}

new-scsmobject -Class $ADClass -PropertyHashtable $param

Then after cachebuilder restart \ 2hour schedule window for users:

Just need to use microsoft.ad.user class & enter a value for DN so its not empty.

Example:

$ADClass = get-scsmclass "Microsoft.AD.User$"

$param=@{Domain="SMInternal";
            UserName="qbt.testUserName";
            DisplayName="qbt.DisplayName";
            FirstName="qbt.testfirstname";
            LastName="qbt.testLastname";
            Company="qbt.testCompany";
            DistinguishedName ="OU=Support,DC=sm,DC=internal";
            BusinessPhone="55511234";}

new-scsmobject -Class $ADClass -PropertyHashtable $param

Then after cachebuilder restart \ 2hour schedule window for users:

Thanks Joe this is very helpful I am going to give it a try in DEV first and then port it to Prod.
    @Joe_Burrows Just want to thank you this worked great and now my customer can happily create tickets when outside people call for assistance.
    Have a good weekend!
    Karen
    Awesome @Karen_Bruster1 glad to hear :)