Home Remote Support (Formerly Control Center)

Concers regarding 'Deploy Software'

We recently became a Cireson customer when we purchased ConfigMgr Portal. So far, I like it. But I have some concerns with the 'Deploy Software' option.

We want our desktop support team to be able to deploy software to computers, by either placing them in a specific collection or using the 'Automatically Create Collection on Demand' option. Since it seems you can't add Computers to collections, I'd like to use the 'Automatically Create Collection on Demand' option but don't want it to dump everything under the ROOT folder in SCCM. Is there a way to change the path of where the automatically created collections are stored?

Also, Is there a way to remove the manual option or take away the All Systems / All Workstations / All Servers visibility in this menu? I prefer to not have my desktop support team have the ability to deploy to All Systems.

Thanks!

Best Answer

• F_ChristiansenF_Christiansen Cireson Dev Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Jordan,

We have just released CMP 2.1 including a new Quick Deployment wizard.
    From here you will be able to only select software and the resource (e.g. computer) that should receive the software.
    A collection with the name of the software and program/action is created and a deployment is attached to that collection and finally the selected resources are added to that collection.
    For the Deployment tab you will have to define deployment templates for the users; this is to help simplifying the deployment process. The deployments options are then limited, but fully controlled by the template.

The standard deployment wizard is still there, you can choose which to make available for your users using RBAC - you can even offer both to choose between.

And for the standard deployment wizard you can now choose not to include built-in collections such as All Systems also using RBAC.

Answers

• JordanBJordanB Member IT Monkey ✭

This is what I am referring to.
  • Davis_MathaiDavis_Mathai Member Adept IT Monkey ✭✭
    Hi Jordan,
    For the first part of the question, yes you can.  Go to Top right > Configuration Manager Settings > Software Library.  Towards the bottom you'll see Collection Settings.  Here you can point the on demand collection creation to a custom folder.  

There isn't currently a way to hide the manual option or hide the out of the box collections that I am aware of.  I'll check internally or someone from our product team may jump on this thread anyway.

Thanks!
    Davis

• JordanBJordanB Member IT Monkey ✭
    Thanks for the reply Davis. Hopefully someone can answer about hiding the manual collection option or limiting it.

Hi Jordan, 

Stand by, your wish is about to be granted very soon :-)

Best regards 
    Flemming Appelon Christiansen 
    Answer ✓
    Jordan,

We have just released CMP 2.1 including a new Quick Deployment wizard.
    From here you will be able to only select software and the resource (e.g. computer) that should receive the software.
    A collection with the name of the software and program/action is created and a deployment is attached to that collection and finally the selected resources are added to that collection.
    For the Deployment tab you will have to define deployment templates for the users; this is to help simplifying the deployment process. The deployments options are then limited, but fully controlled by the template.

The standard deployment wizard is still there, you can choose which to make available for your users using RBAC - you can even offer both to choose between.

And for the standard deployment wizard you can now choose not to include built-in collections such as All Systems also using RBAC.

• wally_meadwally_mead Member Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    It looks like Flemming has resolved all your issues Jordan :-) Are you all good now? Keep the feedback and questions coming, we love to hear what people need.