Home Community Uploads

Cireson Partners, Customers and Community members share your customizations and examples here to help benefit the community as a whole to earn Kudos and badges.

DISCLAIMER

All files and projects located here are provided and come "as-is" and without any warranty or support. Use at your own risk. Your use of Community Uploads is subject to our Terms of Use.

Cireson does not and will not support or maintain these enhancements, extensions, and scripts.

For Team Cireson uploads click here.

Portal Task - Enable "Search Knowledge Base"

Adam_DzyackyAdam_Dzyacky Product Owner Contributor Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
edited March 2017 in Community Uploads
Between me and @Tom_Hendricks I'm not sure why either of us didn't think of it after this discussion, but wouldn't it be useful to be able to search the knowledge base of the analyst portal from a current Incident? Sure it's only a click and some typing away...but in the name of less clicks and typing here's a new portal task for Incidents!

This incredibly simple customization adds "Search Knowledge Base" to Incidents for the Cireson Knowledge Base. For the sake of argument I put an "else" in the logic in the event the Title of the Incident somehow is blank to instead just drop you onto the main knowledge base page. It goes with saying, this can probably be easily adopted to things like SharePoint searches and more.

The only configuration required is just editing the searchKnowledgeBase.js to update it with your custom SCSM portal url.

Comments

• Tom_HendricksTom_Hendricks Customer Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    I came close to attempting something like this, but then I talked myself out of it.  However, many of my users are sensitive to click counts, so I may test this with them.

Regardless, this is a great and simple way to save a few clicks, so good thinking!
  • AJ_WittenbrinkAJ_Wittenbrink Customer Adept IT Monkey ✭✭
    Nice!  I edited it to add Service Requests as well (analyst work instructions etc..)
  • Adam_DzyackyAdam_Dzyacky Product Owner Contributor Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    Always glad to provide a framework @AJ_Wittenbrink