Ever wanted to be able to create Config Items via the Cireson Portal?
Check out this community solution:
Copy Files to CustomSpace as per your structure. Suggested structure is
Copy the script loader line into custom.js
If you are not sure how to use script loader, check out this blog
Update the ciClasses array on line 10 to contain all the classed you want to create. For each CI type you want to be able to create, you need to add:
- Display Name (this doesn't have to match the actual class definition)
- ClassId (retrieve this via PowerShell)
- Icon (any Font Awesome icon up to version 4.2. Full list here)
The functionality will be available to Analysts. If you need this changed, update line 6.
Then you can create CIs from the NEW drawer.
Due to a limitation of the Cireson Portal, the Create CI works differently to Creating any other type of object. Upon clicking the type you want to create, an empty object is created AND committed to the database. The Portal will then redirect you to edit that object. If you navigate away from this page, the empty object will still exist.
All contribution welcome.
We get a bunch of Incidents where the portal is a jumbled mess since their browser is not supported.
I would like to see the following information in this page
- buttons stand out and make it obvious as to choices available (approval or rejection)
- displays pertinent information about the service request it's related to
- displays where in the activity tree the review activity is located
a) load the new page in an iFrame
b) load the new page in a new window/tab
Is this possible to do now with some workaround?