Home Orchestrator
Options

Orchestrator Web Service

David_JohnsenDavid_Johnsen Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
Has anyone had any experience communicating with the scorch web service via http://server:81/Orchestrator2012/Orchestrator.svc?

I'm trying to set it up so that users can trigger runbooks by talking to the webservice. Rather than having activities on SR's etc.

I've got it working interactively via powershell using some code from the net. But that relies on using a "Get-Credential" to authenticate by setting the Credentials in the URL.
I've tried to run the same code with a Basic Authentication header instead, but it appears this is not supported by the web service as I just get a 401 - Unauthorized: Access is denied due to invalid credentials. error.
I get this in the response too: WWW-Authenticate=[Negotiate, NTLM], so I guess that the method I need to use somehow.

I'm new to xml etc. so not sure if it's something obvious!

Answers

• Options
    Adam_DzyackyAdam_Dzyacky Product Owner Contributor Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    I haven't done this myself, but conceptually what you're trying to do is mimic what the OOB SCSM connector does by calling the webservice for Activities. Assuming the OOB connector works right now in your environment (and your using Windows Authentication) I'm suspecting all your powershell invoke-webrequest is missing is a 

-UseDefaultCredentials