USER GUIDE: CIRESON PORTAL USER TYPES
Cireson Portal User Types:
- Definition: The Administrator user type has rights to:
- All portal views*
- Create/Modify/delete announcmens
- Change localization strings
- Admin Settings
- Navigation settings
- API documentation
- SCSM Configuration: The Administrator user accounts must be included in the SCSM Administrator User Role
- Portal Configuration: The Administrator user accouts should be included in the Analyst, Knowledge Base Managers, and Asset Managers group for access to those specific role rights in the Cireson Portal
- Definition: The Analyst user type has rights to:
- Team Work
- Active Work
- My Work
Additionally, Analysts have rights to the following Work Item Tasks:
- Change Status (Complete/Resolve)
- Link to/Convert to Parent
- Copy to New
- Assign to Analyst by Group
- Assign to Me
- Send Email
- SCSM Configuration: Analyst accounts must be imported into SCSM through an Active Directory (AD) Connector. They must also be a member of at least one of the following user roles within SCSM: Incident Resolvers, Service Request Analysts, Change Managers, Problem Analysts, Advanced Operators, or Authors User Roles. Analysts require access to the work item queues, configuration item groups, catalog item groups, and forms templates, that they require. Finally, the incident and service request support groups enumerations the analysts are associated with should all be mapped within SCSM to the appropriate AD groups within the Portal Group Mappings Setting (Administration Settings Portal Group Mappings).
- Portal Configuration: The Analyst group is chosen during the portal Installation process. The AD group can later be updated through the SettingsItems UI. Analyst access to create specific types of work items or take specific actions such as reviewing review activities or completing manual activities can be further scoped down to specific groups within the Admin Settings page of the portal. If the group is changed the cache builder service should be restarted.
- Definition: the KB Managers are able to create, edit, and delete KB articles as well as change the KB enumeration settings.
- SCSM Configuration: The KB Managers group and members must be imported into SCSM through an AD connector. They must also be a member of at least one user role within SCSM.
- Definition: The Asset Managers have permission to create/edit/view asset related data in the Cireson Portal.
- SCSM Configuration: The Asset Managers group and members must be imported into SCSM through anAD connector. They must also be a member of the Advanced Operators user role within SCSM. Further, they need access to Cireson Asset Management within the console and should have had the Cireson permissions tool run against them to grant access to asset management.
- Portal Configuration: The Asset Managers group is named during the portal Installation process. The AD group can later be updated through the SettingsItems UI. If the group is changed the cache builder service should be restarted.
- My Request
- Team Request (if configured)
- Knowlege Base (end user content only)
- My Work
End Users can also be granted rights to approve or reject review activities, or to complete or cancel manual activities.
- SCSM Configuration: End users must be imported into SCSM through an AD Connector. They must also be included (usually as a member of the Domain Users AD group) within a custom end user SCSM role. Cireson recommends removing all users from the default SCSM End Users role and creating a new End User role specifically for the Cireson Portal. The End User role must have appropriate access to the required queues and service catalog groups for the portal end users.
- Portal Configuration: Within Admin Settings, end user rights can be scoped down to specific groups within the Admin Settings page of the portal. After making this change the web site should be restarted.