We recommend reviewing what is submitted before posting, in case your idea has already been submitted by another community member. If it has been submitted, vote for that existing feature request (by clicking the up arrow) to increase its opportunity of being added to Cireson solutions.
For more information around feature requests in the Cireson Community click here.
Expand ARO to include options for dynamic approvers
Our current solution is consists of 4 runbooks to achieve dynamic approvers.
- Free text prompts for domain and username of the approver (no validation that this is a real person)
- Query prompt for user CIs (ugly and slow)
- Simple List prompt for a property of the user that maps to a CSV [Lookup | Domain | Username] (file locks!)
- No prompt, but user's manager picked up from User CI (should swing this over to query AD because it requires a connector sync to refresh). For those who are not aware, the OOTB "Line manager should review" checkbox will find the Created By user's manager, not that of the Affected User.
It would be wonderful if these scenarios were covered in the ARO app.
For this to work, I'd need:
- A prompt type for an AD user/group (like On Behalf Of), but it has admin-defined filters.
- The ability to map this user directly to a RA's Reviewer table.
- A token for Affected User's Manager