Home Self-Service Portal - Community

IR/SRs not appearing in self-service portal

I'm getting a "The item you requested either does not exist or you do not have access to view it." message come up when I click on a link to a IR in the automated email. The IR exists in service manager, so I'm not sure why this is failing. Can someone assist please?

Answers

• merlenette_jonesmerlenette_jones Member Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    I'm getting a "The item you requested either does not exist or you do not have access to view it." message come up when I click on a link to a IR in the automated email. The IR exists in service manager, so I'm not sure why this is failing. Can someone assist please?
    Hello Martin,

I would need to have a look at your log files:

Is it possible for you to create a ticket providing your webconsole log file as well as the cahcebuilder log file. My colleague and I experienced the same issue yesterday doing some testing in our labs and we are still troubleshooting the issue. 

The more detail you provide the better we can assist you.

Thank you,

Merle
  • Martin_GriffithsMartin_Griffiths Customer IT Monkey ✭

Ah sorry...thought someone may have seen it before. We may well have support on it so I'll check that out

• David_AllenDavid_Allen Partner Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    I had that last week in my UAT environment and found that restarting the Cache Builder service sorted it out.  Never found the root cause though, so would be interested to hear others findings on this!
    Hello Martin,

I would need to have a look at your log files:

Is it possible for you to create a ticket providing your webconsole log file as well as the cahcebuilder log file. My colleague and I experienced the same issue yesterday doing some testing in our labs and we are still troubleshooting the issue. 

The more detail you provide the better we can assist you.

Thank you,

Merle

Yes sure. I'm not the person that set this up at our end. What would the name of the cache builder log file be please?
  • David_AllenDavid_Allen Partner Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    They are located at:

\inetpub\CiresonPortal\Logs\WebConsole.log

\inetpub\CiresonPortal\bin\Logs\CacheBuilder.log

• Brian_WiestBrian_Wiest Customer Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    *This is a specific use case for newly created work items* 
    I have come accross this often. Two main reasons that this occures 
    1. The Managment servers are out of Sync
    2. The Cachebuilder connection to the SQL server dropped.

How to determine
    1. Check the console on the portal server, to see if the work item is there. 
    If it is proceed to 2. If not perform the SCSM Cache builder clean procedures.

2. Check the cachebuilder log in the recent time see if there is a line
    \inetpub\CiresonPortal\bin\Logs\CacheBuilder.log
    ERROR [WORK]:  Unable to sync WorkItemCommand, the operation failed, but will be tried again in 54156ms. Please review the log for errors, then correct them and restart the cachebuilder service if needed.
    If true restart the cachebuilder service. 

Another tool I use to verify if it is a permission issue
    Check for workitem directly in the sql table
    SELECT * FROM [WorkItem] wi 
    WHERE WorkItemId = 'IR112345'

• Adam_DzyackyAdam_Dzyacky Product Owner Contributor Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    Second on the cachebuilder restart - seeing them exist in SCSM and not in Cireson is usually an indicator that something is up with CacheBuilder.
  • Geoff_RossGeoff_Ross Cireson Consultant O.G.
    Its an odd one...

When you look at a grid of work items in the Cireson Portal, that is pulling the data from the ServiceManagement 'cache' Database. However, when you open one up, that pulls the data from the main ServiceManager database (as not all data is in the cache). So, if it was missing from grids, but visible in SCSM Console, I would agree - a problem with the cachebuilder. However, its the other way around. If its showing in a grid, in order to click on and get that error, that it must exist in the ServiceManagement Database.

It seems more likely to be a permissions thing.

Either that, or just reboot it, that always fixes everything  :p

Hopefully you get it sorted quickly with Cireson Support @Martin_Griffiths and please post the solution here once fixed. 

Geoff
    Thanks all. It turned out to be that the service had stopped! Great answers though thanks.