Home General Discussion

Allow Title/Subject field to be edited by end user

Pat_MitchellPat_Mitchell Customer IT Monkey ✭
Hello,  All analysts are able to modify an existing ticket, description & title.  Is it possible to give the same rights to end users?  If so, how is this accomplished?   Thank you

Best Answers

Answers

• Geoff_RossGeoff_Ross Cireson Consultant O.G.
    Hi Pat,

It is possible but I would recommend using the action log for users to update tickets rather than editing the title or description. That way you get a full log of updates, and it's possible to notify the analyst of any updates.

If you do want to proceed, you can just edit the DefaultUser work item forms and remove the 'disabled: true' from the fields you want users to be able to edit.

Let me know if you need more detail on that.

Geoff
  • Pat_MitchellPat_Mitchell Customer IT Monkey ✭
    Hi Geoff,  Thank you for your response.  I'm afraid I wasn't specific enough.  My AVP is requesting that any  member of the MANAGEMENT team (outside of IT) be able to update the Title field within the portal.  I do understand it would be better to use the comments but that's not what he is asking for.  Your suggestion to remove the "disabled true", I'm guessing, would give that ability to ALL end users.  If there a way to isolate it to a certain group outside of IT.   Thank you!   Pat
  • Pat_MitchellPat_Mitchell Customer IT Monkey ✭

Thank you all for your input.  This information will help me out in this situation.

Pat