Home Service Manager Portal Feature Requests
We appreciate you taking the time to vote and add your suggestions to make our products awesome! Your request will be submitted to the community for review and inclusion into the backlog.

We recommend reviewing what is submitted before posting, in case your idea has already been submitted by another community member. If it has been submitted, vote for that existing feature request (by clicking the up arrow) to increase its opportunity of being added to Cireson solutions.

For more information around feature requests in the Cireson Community click here.

Support Group Notification when SR/IR unassigned

David_JohnsenDavid_Johnsen Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
This has been discussed in the community I think, but I'd like to raise it as a Feature Request. 

When IR/SRs are updated/created/moved and they don't have a specific Assigned To analyst, I'd like it to send a notification to a specified recipient based on the support group it is assigned to.

The best workaround I can think of is create dummy users for each support group and force the analysts to allocate calls to these dummy support group analysts.
0 votes

Submitted · Last Updated

Comments

• Geoff_RossGeoff_Ross Cireson Consultant O.G.
    Hi David,

I'm not tested but i'm pretty certain you could just create OOB Notification Subscriptions for these.

eg

When
        Support Group changes from <NOT Desktop> to <Desktop>
    AND
       Assigned To = <blank>
    THEN
        email DesktopTeamManager@...

You would need one for each support group.

Geoff
  • Chris_KeanderChris_Keander Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    edited November 2016
    We are using OOB notification subscriptions to email a group of users when an incident is transferred to their support group when it meets the criteria.  This is how we set them up if it helps you:

Name:  SysAdmin Escalated Incident (Periodic)
    When to notify:  Periodically notify when objects meet a criteria
    Targeted class:  Incident

Criteria:
    [Incident] Support group equals SysAdmin
    AND Assigned To User [Domain User or Group] User Name is empty
    AND [Incident] Status equals Active
    OR [Incident] Status equals Active\Pending

Recurring pattern
    Notify once

Template
    I use a generic HTML template that I created and ALL notifications share the same template, since it inserts "Support Group" into the body of the email automatically.  No need to create one for each.

Recipient
    We use O365 so I created a new email distribution list named "SCSM-SysAdmin" and added the same members of the AD group we have that controls who is in the SysAdmin support group.  Once that was created, we updated the AD record with the new email address / email domain / proxyAddress and then ran the AD connector to bring that data into SCSM.

Now whenever someone transfers a ticket to SysAdmin and it's not assigned, everyone in my group gets an email with the ticket info (which also includes the affected user name, title, description, etc)

***The downside to using the periodic notifications is if you change anything in this subscription and click OK, it will look at the criteria and re-trigger emails to the recipients.  This can be a problem if there are a large number of incidents sitting in the support group unassigned to any analysts, and there are a large group of recipients.

• Chris_KeanderChris_Keander Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    Also, I'll add in here that Cireson offers an app "Notify Analyst" that can do this for you as well, and more.  There is a free version of the app, but I can't remember if it does the Support Group changes in that one.  We ended up purchasing it to solve some other OOB deficiencies that SCSM misses.
  • David_JohnsenDavid_Johnsen Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    Hi David,

I'm not tested but i'm pretty certain you could just create OOB Notification Subscriptions for these.

eg

When
        Support Group changes from <NOT Desktop> to <Desktop>
    AND
       Assigned To = <blank>
    THEN
        email DesktopTeamManager@...

You would need one for each support group.

Geoff
    I dont think you can do Assigned to = blank can you? The closest would be blank display name or something and I guess that is not what we need.

Also we'd need the subscription to notify on card edits too, not just allocations.