Home Self-Service Portal - Community

Community Self-Service Portal upgrade failure

Hi, I've tried to upgrade my Test community self service portal using the Cireson Setup application from 6.0.1.1 to 6.0.2.1 after running through the pre-requisite part of the upgrade and the subsequent server restart, running the Cireson Setup application again as instructed befor the server restart results in an error dialog:

"Application cannot be started. Contact the application vendor."

Clicking the details button on the error dialog opens this log file:

PLATFORM VERSION INFO
Windows : 6.2.9200.0 (Win32NT)
Common Language Runtime : 4.0.30319.34209
System.Deployment.dll : 4.0.30319.34243 built by: FX452RTMGDR
clr.dll : 4.0.30319.34209 built by: FX452RTMGDR
dfdll.dll : 4.0.30319.34243 built by: FX452RTMGDR
dfshim.dll : 6.3.9600.16384 (winblue_rtm.130821-1623)

SOURCES
Deployment url : file:///C:/Users/scsm-services/Desktop/Cireson%20Setup.appref-ms%7C
Server : Microsoft-IIS/8.5
Server : Microsoft-IIS/8.5

ERROR SUMMARY
Below is a summary of the errors, details of these errors are listed later in the log.
* Activation of C:\Users\scsm-services\Desktop\Cireson Setup.appref-ms| resulted in exception. Following failure messages were detected:
+ The deployment identity does not match the subscription.

COMPONENT STORE TRANSACTION FAILURE SUMMARY
No transaction error was detected.

WARNINGS
There were no warnings during this operation.

OPERATION PROGRESS STATUS
* [23/11/2016 10:52:54 AM] : Activation of C:\Users\scsm-services\Desktop\Cireson Setup.appref-ms| has started.
* [23/11/2016 10:52:54 AM] : Performing necessary update check as specified by the deployment.

ERROR DETAILS
Following errors were detected during this operation.
* [23/11/2016 10:52:58 AM] System.Deployment.Application.DeploymentException (SubscriptionState)
- The deployment identity does not match the subscription.
- Source: System.Deployment
- Stack trace:
at System.Deployment.Application.SubscriptionStore.CheckUpdateInManifest(SubscriptionState subState, Uri updateCodebaseUri, AssemblyManifest deployment, Version currentVersion, Boolean& bUpdateInPKTGroup)
at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.PerformDeploymentUpdate(SubscriptionState& subState, String& errorPageUrl)
at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.ProcessOrFollowShortcut(String shortcutFile, String& errorPageUrl, TempFile& deployFile)
at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.PerformDeploymentActivation(Uri activationUri, Boolean isShortcut, String textualSubId, String deploymentProviderUrlFromExtension, BrowserSettings browserSettings, String& errorPageUrl)
at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.ActivateDeploymentWorker(Object state)

COMPONENT STORE TRANSACTION DETAILS
No transaction information is available.

The portal it self is still functional but the Admin Settings page shows that it is still at version 6.0.1.1, what has caused this and how can I resolve the issue and complete the upgrade?

Best Answer

Answers

• Tony_CollettTony_Collett Cireson Support Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is this happening when you use the ClickOne Application? Does the download process occur?
    Or does this happen after the download process when trying to load the installer?
  • EdsEds Member IT Monkey ✭

I assume its the ClickOne application, its the shortcut titled Cireson Setup that was placed on the desktop of the server when I originally installed the community portal.  The download process does not seem to occur, I briefly (maybe 2 seconds) get a "Launching Application" box:

This is then immediately followed by the described error:

Clicking details give the log the I copied into my initial post.

To be clear this is an existing (and functioning) deployment of the community portal.  I ran the Cireson Setup application from the desktop shortcut in order to update the portal and it initially ran fine prompting for all the usually configuration information before instructing to restart the Server and run the setup again.  Having followed that instruction I am now having the problem described.

• EdsEds Member IT Monkey ✭
    I'm about to give some training on using the portal, so since it is currently still functional I will attempt that in a couple of hours when I've finished the training session.  Thanks for the prompt responses :)