Home Service Manager Portal Feature Requests
We appreciate you taking the time to vote and add your suggestions to make our products awesome! Your request will be submitted to the community for review and inclusion into the backlog.

We recommend reviewing what is submitted before posting, in case your idea has already been submitted by another community member. If it has been submitted, vote for that existing feature request (by clicking the up arrow) to increase its opportunity of being added to Cireson solutions.

For more information around feature requests in the Cireson Community click here.
Options

History should capture Notes entries.

Mark_WahlertMark_Wahlert Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭

Not only for security, but many actions/updates require comments, and these are left in notes. To my knowledge, notes are not captured in the history and  therefore can be deleted or modified by anyone with no record of it occurring. Especially important for approval comments.

4 votes

Submitted · Last Updated

Comments

• Options
    carrie_medinecarrie_medine Member Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    Hello Mark,  Currently the History and Notes property come directly from ServiceManager therefore changing that functionality is not something Cireson can change, however perhaps the concept of introducing a new portal form control that only allows appending new text rather than overwriting is an interesting idea.
  • Options
    Mark_WahlertMark_Wahlert Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭

I think for Notes to be used at all in an enterprise environment it needs some work - damn Microsoft :P - perhaps the control you mention would work. Issues being, A - not a true or secure record of an event/decision. It can be deleted. B - If you rerun an activity, it seems to wipe the comments

Appending would be great, and the cherry on top would be a time/date stamp so we can see some history - read only would be useful too to avoid users deleting notes. As an example, if my manager rejected something and left a long list of feedback , and someone deleted it, it wouldn't go down well and we couldn't work out who did it.  IT Sec would shoot us for that. :P