Home General Discussion
Options

Survey Results

Christopher_CarverChristopher_Carver Customer Adept IT Monkey ✭✭
So, I have a survey published and people are taking the survey. However when I try to see the survey report, nothing happens. I get a infinity spin wheel. 

Ideas?

Best Answer

• Options
    Answer ✓
    Cireson made a fix for us in release 7.6.0.9 of the App Survey. Once we added the new management pack, all was solved.

NOTE: Even with the fix, we no longer use the Cireson Survey application, it's too limiting. Instead we use the Cireson Advanced Request Offering that we craft for surveys with, then our Orchestrator automation processes the surveys as service requests passing in data to SQL Server, and then we use PowerBI to render survey reports for teams and managers. This is far more powerful and customizable over the survey app with the layouts and simple logic of displaying the next question based on how they answered other fields. This seems long in the tooth, but it only took one of our summer interns 1.5 weeks to get this up and running. Thank goodness for summer interns!

Answers

• Options
    Tony_CollettTony_Collett Cireson Support Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    It may take some time for results to be collected and displayed give it a little bit of time and you should start seeing results
  • Options
    Is 48 hours long enough?
  • Options
    Tony_CollettTony_Collett Cireson Support Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's plenty long enough. Sounds like something is fishy, you are welcome to log an Incident through our support portal and we can dive into it from there
  • Options
    Geoff_RossGeoff_Ross Cireson Consultant O.G.
    Hi Christopher,

Check the survey app is licenced in the console licensing app. This is the exact behaviour for when is it not licenced properly. I think you also see an error in the event log to that effect.

Geoff
  • Options
    Vignesh_SridharVignesh_Sridhar Customer IT Monkey ✭

The App says the license is valid for the Survey App in the SCSM console.

• Options
    Anything in the Event Viewer, Operations Manager Log, or the WebConsole.log?
  • Options
    Here is a clue.

A Windows Workflow Foundation workflow failed during execution.

Workflow Type: SurveyAppWorkflows.BuildSurveyReports 

Workflow Identifier: 379f552c-e6e9-8a9c-f347-4895bdcceb9d 

Exception Type: System.IO.FileLoadException 

Exception Message: Could not load file or assembly 'LicenseManagement.Client, Version=1.0.5892.25169, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=98ba2176e2a9efbc' or one of its dependencies. The located assembly's manifest definition does not match the assembly reference. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131040) 

Exception Stack: 
    Server stack trace: 
       at SurveyAppWorkflows.LicenseValidatorProxy.ValidateLicense(String productKey, String applicationName, String licenseKey, String version)
       at System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.StackBuilderSink._PrivateProcessMessage(IntPtr md, Object[] args, Object server, Object[]& outArgs)
       at System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.StackBuilderSink.SyncProcessMessage(IMessage msg)
    </code></pre><pre class="CodeBlock"><code><pre class="CodeBlock"><code>

Hmmm. Licensing seems fine on the prod side. Ideas?

• Options
    Hi, This app is licensed through the Console Licensing App so you'll need to look in there.

Also, check you copied the LicenseManagement.Client.dll to the Workflow Server when you installed Survey App?
  • Options
  • Options
    OK, sure looks good to me. Could be something with the version of that file or another file its referencing. You'll need to log a support ticket to perform some deeper investigation.

Sorry I wasn't able to help this time. Please come back with the answer once you have it as I'm very intrigued.

Geoff
  • Options
    Martyn_FearnMartyn_Fearn Customer Adept IT Monkey ✭✭
    Hi @Christopher_Carver
    Did you ever get a solution to this?  We have exactly the same issue in our prod environment.
    TIA
  • Options
    Answer ✓
    Cireson made a fix for us in release 7.6.0.9 of the App Survey. Once we added the new management pack, all was solved.

NOTE: Even with the fix, we no longer use the Cireson Survey application, it's too limiting. Instead we use the Cireson Advanced Request Offering that we craft for surveys with, then our Orchestrator automation processes the surveys as service requests passing in data to SQL Server, and then we use PowerBI to render survey reports for teams and managers. This is far more powerful and customizable over the survey app with the layouts and simple logic of displaying the next question based on how they answered other fields. This seems long in the tooth, but it only took one of our summer interns 1.5 weeks to get this up and running. Thank goodness for summer interns!