Home General Discussion

New to portal a question about the change status option within Service Reuests

Stuart_EddyStuart_Eddy Customer IT Monkey ✭
I am new to the portal and was wondering what is the deal with the change status option on the left hand side, my belief that the service request traditionally did not have a status option,  is there a way to change the options in this list for service requests?

Best Answer

Answers

• Eugene_RackEugene_Rack Customer Adept IT Monkey ✭✭
    Good evening

Has anyone looked at adding new status options using Javascript? Our Service Desk manager has requested this for our service.
    Kind regards
    Eugene

• Tom_HendricksTom_Hendricks Customer Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    The pieces are all there, they just have not been put together yet.

I wrote a task that allowed a "draft" status to be set for Change Requests.  Note that if you keep the Cireson change status task, if your non-MOF status is the active one, then their control allows ALL statuses to be selected.  This may be OK, or it may lead to undesired status changes.  I am sure that is why @Geoff_Ross suggested hiding theirs if you create a custom one.

My existing code simply sets a specific status when clicked, rather than presenting choices to the user.  However, the same code that prompts you to select a template when converting an IR to an SR could be used to enumerate status instead of templates, for example.

I plan to make a custom status change task in a future update (the priority is too low to tackle now), in order to allow single-touch open/close tickets to be created without causing the dreaded data conflict error that the workflows cause.  I do wonder if that will prevent emails from being sent by certain workflows, however.