Home Service Manager Portal Feature Requests
We appreciate you taking the time to vote and add your suggestions to make our products awesome! Your request will be submitted to the community for review and inclusion into the backlog.

We recommend reviewing what is submitted before posting, in case your idea has already been submitted by another community member. If it has been submitted, vote for that existing feature request (by clicking the up arrow) to increase its opportunity of being added to Cireson solutions.

For more information around feature requests in the Cireson Community click here.

Knowledge approver role and version control

Leigh_KildayLeigh_Kilday Member Ninja IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭

We don't want to place obstacles in the way of analysts who want to get their knowledge into the system, but we don't necessarily want them to publish anything they please. I think an approver role would help with article quality control while adding as little red tape as possible to the procedure.

The approver would need to understand the changes made to the article, so version control would be required.

• As an SCSM admin, I want to be able to restrict, to an AD group, who can change the status of KB articles to the Published status.
  • As a KB Author, I want to be able to submit a KB article for review before it is published by setting the status to a vlue such as "Review Required". This could apply to new KB articles or edited KB articles.
  • As an SCSM admin, I want existing KB articles to automatically have the status value changed from "Published" to "Requires Review" (or similar) when an article is edited. This would allow KB admins to review the changes before the KB article is published.
37 votes

Submitted · Last Updated

Comments

• Rick_HancksRick_Hancks Customer Adept IT Monkey ✭✭
    I agree there needs to be some additional roles added to Knowledge to improve how articles managed in the tool.  The versioning control should include date, the who, and what was done to the article.  It would also be great to have the ability to revert back to a previous version of the article. 
  • Dakota_GreenDakota_Green Member Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    I do second this feature! I also like Rick's idea of having previous versions of a Knowledge Base article stored in the ServiceManagement database, rather than forcing the customer to store archives internally in some sort of repository. It seems like the Portal should be able to keep it in house for safe keeping, should it need to be restored.
  • Lauren_BoxallLauren_Boxall Customer IT Monkey ✭
    This is definitely something we require, our business is looking at other tools if we are unable to do this in the Cireson Knowledge Base
  • Dwayne_McGordonDwayne_McGordon Customer IT Monkey ✭
    This is definitely needed