Home Service Manager Portal Feature Requests
We appreciate you taking the time to vote and add your suggestions to make our products awesome! Your request will be submitted to the community for review and inclusion into the backlog.

We recommend reviewing what is submitted before posting, in case your idea has already been submitted by another community member. If it has been submitted, vote for that existing feature request (by clicking the up arrow) to increase its opportunity of being added to Cireson solutions.

For more information around feature requests in the Cireson Community click here.

Be able to modify Config Items (like Asset) in the Analyst Portal

Erik_LuthErik_Luth Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
At the moment the Config Items (like Business Services, Computers etc) cannot be modified in the Portal. Only a basic window with the direct properties are shown. 
I would like to have a rich view\edit experience on Config Items (like Assets), so the analysts can see relations on the Business Services or Computers and be able to modify it.

Not being able to do this, makes the Analyst Portal useless for many IT departments that needs that specific information!
77 votes

Completed · Last Updated

This is still under active development and is currently targeted to the 9.0 release of SMP.

Comments

• Morten_MeislerMorten_Meisler Premier Partner Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    edited May 2016
    I agree. One of the biggest strength of SCSM is its CMDB - the data model with its relationships and the ability to extend, build custom CI's, and automate it all, is excellent. This should be utilized from the portal as well - viewing related items and editting CI's is a must
  • Candice_YeudallCandice_Yeudall Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭

Yes this is a major issue for our guys too, are tech are supposed to update the asset every time they work on it but hard to do when they cannot access it from the portal.

• Ian_GlennIan_Glenn Customer Adept IT Monkey ✭✭
    This would be great; we have the need to create/modify Config Items in classes other than the Cireson Classes.
  • Michael_BaldryMichael_Baldry Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    This would be very useful for us too. Especially Business Services.
  • David_DarlingDavid_Darling Customer IT Monkey ✭
    Agreed -- would be very useful in our organization as well!
  • Cindy_BoyerCindy_Boyer Customer IT Monkey ✭
    Totally agree
  • German_MinicucciGerman_Minicucci Customer IT Monkey ✭
    We heavily use Business Services, so having this form alone would be great.
    Also, not to mention that for regular analysts (like the Service Desk) to be able to even see Hardware Asset information, we need to include them in the Asset Managers group.
  • Kenneth_SundbyKenneth_Sundby Member IT Monkey ✭
    I'll add my +1 to this, but I think I would also like the ability to exclude certain CI's from editing :)
  • Nicholas_VelichNicholas_Velich Cireson Consultant Ninja IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭
    I'm seeing lots about Business Services and Computer CIs in this thread. As there are a ton of CI types in Service Manager, what would be everyone's top 5 CIs they would like to see editable? Also, how many folks are using custom CI (inherited) classes?
  • Michael_BaldryMichael_Baldry Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    Business Services and Computers for sure. +100 if Business Services include the Service Components and Service Dependents too. :smile:
  • Ian_GlennIan_Glenn Customer Adept IT Monkey ✭✭
    Computer CIs for sure, we don't use Business Services at this time, but we have several Custom CI classes  that we'd like to be able to edit from the Portal.
  • Marek_LefekMarek_Lefek Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    I'm seeing lots about Business Services and Computer CIs in this thread. As there are a ton of CI types in Service Manager, what would be everyone's top 5 CIs they would like to see editable? Also, how many folks are using custom CI (inherited) classes?

Also I would add agreements and software assets
  • Chris_KeanderChris_Keander Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    Thanks to Joe Burrows for pointing me in the direction of this Feature Request.  I submitted a very similar request, which is now marked as a duplicate.

Here are the notes from my initial request:

"If I click the little i (info) button next to an Affected User, I get an option to "View More Details"

I don't have this button when i click on the info icon next to an Affected Configuration Item which happens to be a Windows Computer, brought into the CMDB via an SCCM connector.

I would love to be able to see detailed information about the computer like I can in the SCSM console."

I wasn't necessarily looking for editing options of CIs, just displaying more information like the user CI has.  However, if that request would take care of what I'm asking for, I've gone and upvoted :)

• Steve_BurnhamSteve_Burnham Customer IT Monkey ✭
    Business Services, Computers, and custom inherited classes. Even if there was a "generic" CI form for the SSP, we could potentially edit it to suit us.
  • Tom_HendricksTom_Hendricks Customer Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    S_Burnham said:
    .... Even if there was a "generic" CI form for the SSP, we could potentially edit it to suit us.
    While I do see value in gathering top CI types for prioritization, I think the best way to launch this is captured with the above statement.

If we start off with a generic form that includes extended properties, that will accomplish the majority of the objective.  Adding specific forms later, after the foundation is laid, will be awesome too. And then the online forms designer will be even more awesome.  And then letting us apply role-based security to certain fields will be even more awesome...
  • Martyn_FearnMartyn_Fearn Customer Adept IT Monkey ✭✭
    +1 from me.  We are in the process of implementing the Change module and detailed Computer CI information (pulled in from the SCCM connector) from the portal is really a must have.
  • chelsea_alonsochelsea_alonso Customer IT Monkey ✭

Would CI WI history fall into scope of this feature request? I'm really interested in being able to see the "WorkItemAboutConfigItem" relationship on the CI details similar to how you can see related work items for users.

• Chris_JordanChris_Jordan Customer Adept IT Monkey ✭✭
    edited January 2017
    Business Services and Environments, how does everyone else do service portfolio management and have relationships with other CIs including those from Cireson AM?
  • Erik_LuthErik_Luth Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    Since this item is in review sometime, could you give us a status update with some more information. Like  when we can expect this feature request.
  • Claas_TewsClaas_Tews Partner IT Monkey ✭
    It would be very helpful if the "related item" tab (e.g. workitems) would also be added to the new version.
  • Joe_BurrowsJoe_Burrows Cireson Devops Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Joe_Burrows or @seth_coussens (based on your response to the TFS integration), can we get an update to the portal roadmap for 2017 (which Joe just linked in the comment above)?

If it is kept current, it is extremely helpful for coordinating planned features from Cireson with in-house customization efforts.  It is also a nice way for participants on this site to be able to visualize how some feature requests make it into your dev cycle.
    Thanks for the quick response!
  • Alex_MarshAlex_Marsh Premier Partner Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    Did this ever get put in? I see it was on the road map but haven't seen anything more
    Nope...
  • Adam_DzyackyAdam_Dzyacky Product Owner Contributor Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2018
    Still needed!
  • Gerhard_GoossensGerhard_Goossens Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    Is there an update on this? Was hoping for it to be in the 8.4.2 portal update of 03/14/2018.
    I saw that it was on the roadmap for Q4 2017 but I guess it will only be implemented on the portal 9x update scheduled for Q1 2018.
  • Marek_LefekMarek_Lefek Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    Acccording to @Justin_Workman post https://community.cireson.com/discussion/comment/13070#Comment_13069 this feature will be later than 8.5 version.

This may just be one person's very strongly held opinion, but being able to edit config items seems far more important than everything that is scheduled to release sooner.  I can only speak for myself, but I would be willing to wait a long time for an update if I knew this was the reason why.

If, for example, someone told us that they were devoting all their resources to this and that updates to the portal would slow down significantly as a result, with an anticipated release date that was realistic (these conditions matter), I think many of us would be happy with that.  While I do like some of the other improvements that have been made since we were originally told that this feature would be available in 1Q 2017, they simply are not as important as this.
  • Martin_StrbavyMartin_Strbavy Member IT Monkey ✭
    I agree with Tom_Hendrics. Editing config items inside SSP should be prioritized. I have several customers which currently discussing about replacing SCSM due to Asset Management (some are using Cireson AM, some are not). If they cannot change it inside SSP, it is not usable for them.

Most of companies has asset management managed by other departments than IT and installing/using SCSM console is a pain for them. So result of using SCSM console will lead to editing items in Excel or other tools and then only importing that to SCSM. 
    So I would also prefer to have it sooner or at least have some timeline when we can expect it.
This discussion has been closed.