Home Service Manager Portal Feature Requests
We appreciate you taking the time to vote and add your suggestions to make our products awesome! Your request will be submitted to the community for review and inclusion into the backlog.

We recommend reviewing what is submitted before posting, in case your idea has already been submitted by another community member. If it has been submitted, vote for that existing feature request (by clicking the up arrow) to increase its opportunity of being added to Cireson solutions.

For more information around feature requests in the Cireson Community click here.

Update Advanced RO editor to repeat and group prompts to list them multiple times automatically

Mark_WahlertMark_Wahlert Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
Following on from this discussion. There are many occasions when you need groups of prompts answered multiplied by an integer, for example 10 VPNs, or 6 End Point connections, etc. Even with class extensions you are limited and it's incredibly time consuming. Human error with entering data separated by special character is always an issue, but it would help entering required prompts only once, Title, server, IP, Port start, Port end, etc.  Then select those I want repeated based on the integer prompt. I.e. User chooses 7, it then repeats the selected prompts 7 times.

Only work around is multiple mapping and using special character to automated passing the single line prompts (title;port;IP).

https://community.cireson.com/discussion/1688/any-ideas-for-grouping-multiple-request-prompts-into-the-1-eg-create-10-vms-with-different-prompts#latest

9 votes

Submitted · Last Updated

Comments

• Leigh_KildayLeigh_Kilday Member Ninja IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭
    Great idea, Mark.

A good example of this elsewhere is using Repeating Sections in Nintex Forms. The output of that is XML, which would be good in this case because it's easy to pass off to other automation systems and decode there.
  • Adam_DzyackyAdam_Dzyacky Product Owner Contributor Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2017
    Well of course I'm voting for this. Even I'm not entirely comfortable with my workaround :)
  • Mark_WahlertMark_Wahlert Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    @Adam_Dzyacky your workaround was probably better than what we've run with, so I thought I'd ask for a combined Cireson solution. B)