Home Service Manager Console App Feature Requests
We appreciate you taking the time to vote and add your suggestions to make our products awesome! Your request will be submitted to the community for review and inclusion into the backlog.

We recommend reviewing what is submitted before posting, in case your idea has already been submitted by another community member. If it has been submitted, vote for that existing feature request (by clicking the up arrow) to increase its opportunity of being added to Cireson solutions.

For more information around feature requests in the Cireson Community click here.

SCSM Authoring Tool by Cireson

Adam_DzyackyAdam_Dzyacky Product Owner Contributor Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
I feel like this particular request is a long shot, but much like my request for an Exchange Connector by Cireson it's one that would go a long way in making the platform easier to work with and not only that - stands a chance at being updated with worthwhile functionality.

I'm proposing a wholly new custom Authoring Tool written by Cireson that addresses significant shortcomings and frustrations with the one provided by Microsoft. This would address items such as:
  • Reusing Related Items/History on forms - a community workaround is available, but short of full blown Visual Studio development is still a bit limited.
  • Building Type Projections - its something some (if not maybe all) of us are familiar with building by hand in XML. But why settle for this?
  • Bringing the rest of the controls over from Visual Studio - only a handful of controls are available in the authoring tool, but the genuinely useful ones are in Visual Studio. It seems this is a gap that should be bridged.
  • Revision History - Silect MP Author for SCOM leverages its own database to keep a history of changes made to an MP. What they lack is integration with SCSM Change/Release management. If a revision history were to be developed within this tool, it has an obvious integration point that could be developed.
23 votes

Submitted · Last Updated

Comments