Home General Discussion

Reporting "Firast Call Resolution (FCR) with Cireson Analytics

Dietmar_WinzeDietmar_Winze Customer IT Monkey ✭

Hello Community,

I'd like to report the FCR of our ServiceDesk with Cireson Analytics in % per day / month / year.

Do you have an idea for me how I could do it?

Answers

• seth_coussensseth_coussens Member Ninja IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭
    You have to have process to capture the required data there before you can report on it. One way to identify this is if the resolved date/time matches the created date time. This would indicate that the ticket was opened and resolved at the same time when saved.

Outside of that you'd want to figure out what are the indicators for your process that indicate first call resolution, perhaps even a custom checkbox for FCR that the analyst clicks for this purpose.

Once you have and understand that, then it's pretty easy to pull the dashboard.
  • Dietmar_WinzeDietmar_Winze Customer IT Monkey ✭
    One definition could be to take the percentage of Incidents resolved in the Service Desk support group without changing the support group.
  • seth_coussensseth_coussens Member Ninja IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭
    If that is your definition (that wouldn't be an ITIL definition for FCR ; ) ) then you have a trick ahead of you, as there isn't anything in the data warehouse or service management database that would track that. You'd have to look at the history of an object in SCSM to understand what value it started at, vs the value that it ended at.

A better method might be to apply a click event on the support group property in the portal form that sets a value in the workitem when the support group is changed. Then you could just report on the value of this custom property being set and when.
  • Davin_ClouthierDavin_Clouthier Customer Adept IT Monkey ✭✭
    How we handled this was having Primary owner as a required field and having the front line set themselves to be the primary owner. If Assigned User is not equal to primary owner. Ticket was escalated.