Home General Discussion
Options

Hardware Asset View

Vignesh_SridharVignesh_Sridhar Customer IT Monkey ✭
Hi,

I have created a view which is only seen by me right now. 

How can i make the view visible to others or make it public? 

Thank you. 

REgards,
Vignesh

Answers

• Options
    Nicholas_VelichNicholas_Velich Cireson Consultant Ninja IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭
    In the SCSM console as an admin, the view will need to be added within the "Views" section of a corresponding User Role. User Roles can be found under Administration -> Security -> User Roles. After making this change, you might have to clear the corresponding user's SCSM App Data folder (it caches sometimes); the folder is located at C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Local\Microsoft\System Center Service Manager 2010

In the Portal as an admin, navigate to Navigation Settings and find the corresponding promoted view. There are three options that determine if the view will be visible and to whom:
    1. Visible- if this is unchecked, no one will be able to see the view. Pretty much every view will have this checked unless its not in use.
    2. Public- if this is checked, anyone who can log into the Portal can see this view.
    3. Assigned AD Groups- only the groups added here will be able to see this view. This assumes Public is not checked.
    It also worth noting that if a Portal view is within a folder, the user must also have access/visibility to that folder.

Hope this helps!

Thanks,
    Nick