Home Self-Service Portal - Community
Options

Portal Not Updating Service Requests or Knowledge Articles

Hello,  we have recently spun up a new instance of SCSM 2016 on Server 2016 with SQL 2016.  We have installed the portal and it will not display our service requests or knowledge articles.  If on log into the M$ HTML5 portal I can see the offerings, but I can't see it with the Cireson portal.  I have enabled debugging in both the web and cache logs, the web log updates, but our cache log is empty.  I have reinstalled the portal, but that doesn't seem to solve the issue.  

Best Answer

Answers

• Options
    Joe_BurrowsJoe_Burrows Cireson Devops Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi dhubbard

Make sure you have configured an end user role for your portal users that targets an AD group such as "Domain Users" also check and ensure you have your request offers all associated to published service offers and that if you are catalog scoped these are also assigned to the appropriate user roles.

You will need to create new knowledge articles should you wish to use the Cireson HTML knowledge base, otherwise you will need to disable HTML knowledge articles in admin settings for your SCSM KBs to show.

Regards
    Joe
  • Options
    dhubbarddhubbard Member IT Monkey ✭
    Can you please detail the steps to disable HTML knowledge articles as I can't seem to find that setting.  The default end user role was already configured for Authenticated Users.  Will I need to create another one?

• Options
    dhubbarddhubbard Member IT Monkey ✭
    Awesome I got my services offering and KA to show up.  Unfortunately my KA just downloads my rtf file for the KA.  If I re-enable HTML KA and only create KAs in Cierson Portal they will show up as a web page rather than a download?   
  • Options
    Joe_BurrowsJoe_Burrows Cireson Devops Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    dhubbard said:
    Awesome I got my services offering and KA to show up.  Unfortunately my KA just downloads my rtf file for the KA.  If I re-enable HTML KA and only create KAs in Cierson Portal they will show up as a web page rather than a download?   
    Yep correct, checkout the below thread to help you port them across to into Cireson HTML KBs:

https://community.cireson.com/discussion/2458/

• Options
    Ingrid_GlatzIngrid_Glatz Customer Adept IT Monkey ✭✭

I have the same issue that the KA from SCSM won't display in the offerings on the Cireson portal. I changed the UseHtmlKb key to false and did an iisreset on the Portal server as well as cache builder restart. Still, no KA are displayed with the offerings. I know it had been working before and probably got lost with the upgrade to portal 7.4.20212.3. I didn't change any of the user access rights, my admin account does not see the KA either. Which setting am I missing? Could it be a language-dependent issue? I only have KA with german and french offerings, none with english or independent offerings.

Regards

Ingrid