Home General Discussion

SLA Not Applied to Existing Work Items

Nick_FlintNick_Flint Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
I created a SLA in my dev environment and it has been applied to new incidents I create just fine. I've confirmed that existing incidents have been added to the queue associated with the SLA; however, none of the previously existing incidents have been associated with the SLA.

Does anyone know how to get previously existing work items associated with newly created SLAs?

Best Answer

• Nick_FlintNick_Flint Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Turns out what I described above is as designed by Microsoft. SLOs are only applied to work items created after the SLO is created. The reasoning is that you can't past work accountable for new objectives. Kind of like not prosecuting people for things they did in the past but are now illegal.

Answers

• Billy_WilsonBilly_Wilson Member Ninja IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭
    Do the exiting incident meet the criteria for the queue associated with the SLO? I had that happen to me when I created mine in my old job initially because I set the queue for only Active and Pending so the Completed and Closed didn't get calculated.
    The queue I created doesn't have any criteria on it; so it's getting populated with every incident. I've run an SQL query to confirm that all of the incidents are assigned to that queue. I've also check a few by hand in the console. On the history tab I see that they were added to the queue.
    The queue I created doesn't have any criteria on it; so it's getting populated with every incident. I've run an SQL query to confirm that all of the incidents are assigned to that queue. I also checked the history of a handful of them and see the entry there indicating they were added to the queue.
  • Billy_WilsonBilly_Wilson Member Ninja IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭
    So they are being added to the Queue but the SLO calculations are not happening, correct? Can you post a couple of screenshots? I'd like to try to reproduce in my lab.
    Answer ✓
    Turns out what I described above is as designed by Microsoft. SLOs are only applied to work items created after the SLO is created. The reasoning is that you can't past work accountable for new objectives. Kind of like not prosecuting people for things they did in the past but are now illegal.