Home Service Manager Console App Feature Requests
We appreciate you taking the time to vote and add your suggestions to make our products awesome! Your request will be submitted to the community for review and inclusion into the backlog.

We recommend reviewing what is submitted before posting, in case your idea has already been submitted by another community member. If it has been submitted, vote for that existing feature request (by clicking the up arrow) to increase its opportunity of being added to Cireson solutions.

For more information around feature requests in the Cireson Community click here.
Options

Review Activity - Improve rejection rules

Sean_TerrySean_Terry Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
So when I was testing I realised that this config works for approvals but not rejections:

I find it odd that 3 out of the 4 people may reject it but 1 person may say OK and the ticket still moves on.

I would have thought that if 1 person says no then the system shouldn't move onto the next step. 

Would be nice if the rejections were managed by the approval conditions/threshold although I realise the terminology may need to change.

Could be quite frustrating and slow processes down waiting for all 4 people to reject a review activity.

Any moves to improve this??
2 votes

Submitted · Last Updated

Comments

• Options
    john_doylejohn_doyle Cireson Support Ninja IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭
    @S_Terry If you set the percentage of reviewers who need to give their approval to 1% in order to satisfy the requirement, then only 1 out of 100 reviewers needs to approve the change in order for it to be approved. If you want it not to move on to the next step if one of the reviewers says no, then you need to make the approval condition unanimous.

If you want a denial to prevent the approval of a Review Activity, then you need to give the reviewer veto rights.

• Options
    edited December 2017
    But there is no way to have 1 rule that works for both approvals or rejection scenarios?

I have members being extracted from an AD group into a Review Activity and the requirement is to have 1 person from that group either approving it or rejecting it. Who that person is could vary depending on their workloads but it would be nice of the % rule worked for both approvals and rejections.

• Options
    If all the reviewers have veto rights, then a denial from any one of them will cause the RA to be failed. With the Approval % set to 1, an approval from any one of them will cause the RA to be completed as approved.
  • Options
    Thanks, I'll look to do this through the runbook as the reviewers are added.
  • Options
    Eric_KrasnerEric_Krasner Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    @john_doyle
    What happens if the one person out of 4 approves, and the workflow moves on, then someone rejects it?  Does the workflow reset back to the Review Activity?
  • Options
    Hi @Eric_Krasner
    I don't believe that the workflow will reset, no. If you need the approval of everyone, then you set the approval decision to unanimous. If you only need the approval of one or two of the reviewers then you set the approval condition to a suitable percentage. If there is one reviewer whose opinion is required, then you set the "must vote" option for that reviewer.

In your scenario, it does not matter that someone later rejects it. Only one person's approval is necessary according to the business rules. If the opinion of all of the reviewers is important, then they should all vote before it proceeds.