Home Service Manager Portal Feature Requests
We appreciate you taking the time to vote and add your suggestions to make our products awesome! Your request will be submitted to the community for review and inclusion into the backlog.

We recommend reviewing what is submitted before posting, in case your idea has already been submitted by another community member. If it has been submitted, vote for that existing feature request (by clicking the up arrow) to increase its opportunity of being added to Cireson solutions.

For more information around feature requests in the Cireson Community click here.

Cireson Analyst Portal-based Work Item Security

Billy_WilsonBilly_Wilson Member Ninja IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭
In the Cireson True Control Center app, there is the ability to configure Portal-based RBAC on top of existing ConfigMan RBAC. This is done to make it easier for Admins to configure access for non-admins. Within security, is the ability to configure Deployment Scopes so that TCC users can only access the computer or user objects that they are allowed to work with.

I think the same would be most useful for SCSM Work Items. Configuring queues to restrict WI access has always been a drag and depending on the load on the workflow server, can take a bit of time to apply once a WI is created or configured. If Cireson could build a layer of security to restrict WI access (like Deployment Scopes), that would be most useful.

I understand that this would be for Portal use only and that if Analysts have access to the Console, they could get around such restrictions but that would be up to Management to enforce. There is already a Portal customization to restrict RA approvals/rejections to listed Reviewers only. Again this can be gotten around with Console access, but many of our clients are able to enforce console use restrictions and are therefore, able to leverage the RA restriction.

Please vote up if you find value in this proposal. 
20 votes

In Review · Last Updated

Thanks for the detailed idea! We are working on some new RBAC for the Control Center that could possibly be applied here, let us review and see what makes sense.

Comments

• Gerhard_GoossensGerhard_Goossens Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    edited April 2018
    Awesome, this will address the problem I have with scoping work items for many (40+) departments and sub-departments like IT, HR, Finance and Facilities Let's hope it gets enough upvotes!!!
  • Tom_HendricksTom_Hendricks Customer Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    The +100 button is broken.  I was only able to give +1, sadly.

This would be a game changer for those who do not allow their users to install the console.  All the security with none of (or less of) the performance degradation?  Sign me up.
  • Conrad_ShealyConrad_Shealy Customer IT Monkey ✭
    Voting this up as well.  Responding to Billy, the solution around queues that we have had to do on our end it having a powershell script check every few seconds for new work items and then place them in appropriate queues based on the support group.  
  • Adam_DzyackyAdam_Dzyacky Product Owner Contributor Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    The +100 button is broken.  I was only able to give +1, sadly.

Yeah weird. Same here.
  • Davin_ClouthierDavin_Clouthier Customer Adept IT Monkey ✭✭
    +100000000000000000 best request ive seen in awhile, kudos Billy
  • Jay_RhotenJay_Rhoten Customer IT Monkey ✭
    I've just tuned into this channel and am wondering if this a feature request or a newly implemented capability? I'm interested in giving wider (read-only) access to the portal.
  • Joe_BurrowsJoe_Burrows Cireson Devops Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've just tuned into this channel and am wondering if this a feature request or a newly implemented capability? I'm interested in giving wider (read-only) access to the portal.
    Hi Jay

Still a feature request at this stage, a wider read only access to workitems in the portal could be achieved today though with custom forms portal forms and the correct user role scoping in SCSM.

Regards
    Joe
  • Jay_RhotenJay_Rhoten Customer IT Monkey ✭
    Thanks for the clarification. Custom forms and role scoping huh? Is there an article or blog you can point me to?
  • Billy_WilsonBilly_Wilson Member Ninja IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭
    Also be sure to vote this up. The more votes it gets, the more consideration!

Thanks Jay!