Home Service Manager Portal Feature Requests
We appreciate you taking the time to vote and add your suggestions to make our products awesome! Your request will be submitted to the community for review and inclusion into the backlog.

We recommend reviewing what is submitted before posting, in case your idea has already been submitted by another community member. If it has been submitted, vote for that existing feature request (by clicking the up arrow) to increase its opportunity of being added to Cireson solutions.

For more information around feature requests in the Cireson Community click here.

Dashboard Designer

Kevin_GoodwinKevin_Goodwin Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭

The standard dashboards are nice, but management of course wants other specific items displayed differently. If I had the ability to design my own dashboards on the same page (kind of like the "Saved Search" functionality) that would be extremely useful to our management group.

We already have plans of using this as a means to provide specific departments a personalized dashboard so that managers can see what their employees are having trouble with. All we need is the ability to create our own dashboards.

1 votes

Completed · Last Updated

Available now in major release 6.0+

Comments

• Geoff_RossGeoff_Ross Cireson Consultant O.G.
    Kevin, your wish is our command. Exactly this is coming in version 6 of the portal. Can't wait, then check out pre-release version 5.1 which has it in.
  • Joe_BurrowsJoe_Burrows Cireson Devops Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey Kevin
    If you have a Dev environment id recommend installing preview release 5.1, it has the dashboard designer that will be released in major release 6.0 :)

Checkout:
    https://support.cireson.com/KnowledgeBase/View/1299#/

Regards
    Joe
  • Kevin_GoodwinKevin_Goodwin Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    I guess I will have to do that. Thanks Geoff!
    Kevin, your wish is our command. Exactly this is coming in version 6 of the portal. Can't wait, then check out pre-release version 5.1 which has it in.
    You beat me to it Geoff  B)

Hi Joe!

Sadly I don't have a dev environment setup, but since I am the only one that plays with the dashboards, I should be able to treat it like a regular patch, and as long as user functionality is not affected, I can play with it whenever.

Thanks!

Kevin, make sure you check out 
    https://support.cireson.com/KnowledgeBase/View/1243/#/
    before putting a pre-release version in your live environment.
    You beat me to it Geoff  B)
    Joe - too slow. And your about 12 hours in the future so you have no excuse.

Hi Joe!

Sadly I don't have a dev environment setup, but since I am the only one that plays with the dashboards, I should be able to treat it like a regular patch, and as long as user functionality is not affected, I can play with it whenever.

Thanks!

Id definitely recommend in Dev over production as you will be missing some hotfixes in pr5.1, if you can convince your infrastructure guys to give another VM checkout the below video on setting this up easily:

https://community.cireson.com/discussion/35/setting-up-a-scsm-pre-production-staging-environment

Thanks guys, I will try to get this up and running.
    Kevin, a DEV SCSM environment is recommended. But, if you just want to test with 5.1, you don't even need another whole SCSM instance, just 1 more Portal Server and just install a whole new instance of the Portal + DB (called something different eg ServiceManagementDEV) + CacheBuilder and point this your LIVE SCSM. Be aware that you have live data in here but you can play with views and dashboards all you like.
  • Conner_WoodConner_Wood Customer Ninja IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭
    Now that Portal 6.0 is out, would it be too much to ask that we can use the SQL Chart Widget to query against the SCSM ServiceManager Database instead of the Cireson ServiceManagement Database?
    Now that Portal 6.0 is out, would it be too much to ask that we can use the SQL Chart Widget to query against the SCSM ServiceManager Database instead of the Cireson ServiceManagement Database?
    Sounds pretty reasonable to me :), I know the product team were looking into this at some stage. Lets get into a Feature request for their visibility. 

I like your idea, but I like the fact that you posted v6 of the portal was out even more because I didn't know yet. Yay!

So I have been playing around with the dashboard designer, and I am liking a lot of what I am getting, but there is still one thing I am having a hard time figuring out. I am hoping to create department specific dashboards for managers to use. I also would like to be able to group data by department for some dashboards.

The problem I am running into is that "department" is not in the available categories to use. I can create a view out of SCSM and promote it to get a column for "department", but I can't then use that promoted view as criteria for a dashboard. Has anyone found a way to create a dashboard that has things organized by department?

Hi Kevin

SQL chart should work, can send you an example query I use to join workitems and affected users if you would like.

Cheers
    Joe

Yes please, an example would help me out a lot!

Thanks Joe!

This discussion has been closed.