Home General Discussion

Password Reset App question configuration

Stephane_BouillonStephane_Bouillon Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
I'm configuring the questions for my organisation in the Password Reset App and I need some clarification.

In the "Allowed Questions" I can choose between Pre-Defined Questions or Questions Defined by User. What does this mean exactly ? I don't need the predefined questions, and I want my users to see only the questions I will specify centrally.

Next up is the "Pre-Defined Questions" screen. There are two checkboxex, what do these do ?:
-) Hide from UI list
-) Default

When I don't want to use the pre-defined questions, do I need to delete them all, or should I just change the text to what I want ?

Answers

• Tony_CollettTony_Collett Cireson Support Super IT Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pre-defined questions are exactly that, a list of questions that we have come up with for people to use as their password reset questions. 
    If you want to use your own questions (instead of what we came up with), all you need to do is replace the text within each question to what you want and leave the setting as 'Use Pre-Defined Questions'

Changing it to 'Questions Defined by the User' will hide these pre-defined questions and allow the user to enter their own questions. 

'Hide from UI list' simply removes them from visibility without actually deleting them (this is useful in case someone is using the question already, but you no longer want to allow it for new users)
  • Stephane_BouillonStephane_Bouillon Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    Thanks, the "Hide from UI" pertains to the language, no ?