Home General Discussion
Options

Field "Create Request On Behalf Of:"

When I put the cursor in the "Create Request On Behalf Of:" field, I get a list from a set of numbers, I can not understand what it is and how they can be removed?

Best Answer

Answers

• Options
    Roman_NepomniashchiiRoman_Nepomniashchii Customer IT Monkey ✭
    That is a direct pull from your User CI's.
    If you go into the console, configuration items, users.
    You will find those values.
    So you have to ask your self how are they getting there.

Typically from a AD import.
    Now if that is "stuck" and will always come back on your import.
    I have the issue for duplicate on SCSM-Useragent accounts

How I get around that
    Portal - Admin -settings items
    Near the bottom User Query
    Update to filter those out
    I use
    (DisplayName LIKE '%' + @Query + '%' OR UserName LIKE '%' + @Query + '%') AND EmailAddress1 IS NOT Null
    It insures I have affected users with emails so they get notification emails.

How to test what query works for your liking
    in SQL management studio
    select * from ServiceManagement.dbo.CI$User
    Where (DisplayName LIKE '%' + @Query + '%' OR UserName LIKE '%' + @Query + '%') AND EmailAddress1 IS NOT Null

Replace the @query with a value that would represent what you would type into the affected user box IE your last name. If the results are want you want update the settings and you are good to go after a cachebuilder restart.

Thanks you!!!
  • Options
    Peter_MiklianPeter_Miklian Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    Brian_Wiest is UserQuery change affecting any other fields or it's limiting Create request on behalf prompt only? Thank you.
  • Options
    Nick_FlintNick_Flint Customer Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    @Peter_Miklian I believe it affects all fields with a relationship to the user object; such as affected user, assigned user, and primary user. At least, that has been my experience.