Home General Discussion

General Cireson Guidance

Ian_StephensonIan_Stephenson Customer IT Monkey ✭
Looking for some tips/information on what to install in our environment after the Cireson Portal. We have the Self Service and Analyst Portals up and running, now we want to start using other Cireson Products like Asset Management, Notify Analyst, and the Survey App. Does anyone know of a preferred order to begin using these, or have experience in their environments they care to share? We don't really want to use something at this time if it can wait, but management would like as much of the product installed as possible.

Thanks for any info you can provide!

Best Answer

• Adam_DzyackyAdam_Dzyacky Product Owner Contributor Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Go after the demands of your analysts/people actually using the SCSM console first. It honestly won't take very long before you find yourself having deployed all of the MPs (My Active Work Items and Send Email I would consider the most indispensable out of the gate from an analyst perspective). However when it comes to Asset Management, that is something I'd wait until last for given the sheer amount of possibilities it offers.

I say this because if you are still familiarizing yourself with SCSM, System Center at large, automation, etc... Cireson AM has the potential to be a bit of a large undertaking without having put time into planning around permissions, org process, etc. Make no mistake, it's incredibly easy to setup but it provides significantly more functionality then something like Notify Analyst.

Answers

• Adam_DzyackyAdam_Dzyacky Product Owner Contributor Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Go after the demands of your analysts/people actually using the SCSM console first. It honestly won't take very long before you find yourself having deployed all of the MPs (My Active Work Items and Send Email I would consider the most indispensable out of the gate from an analyst perspective). However when it comes to Asset Management, that is something I'd wait until last for given the sheer amount of possibilities it offers.

I say this because if you are still familiarizing yourself with SCSM, System Center at large, automation, etc... Cireson AM has the potential to be a bit of a large undertaking without having put time into planning around permissions, org process, etc. Make no mistake, it's incredibly easy to setup but it provides significantly more functionality then something like Notify Analyst.
  • Ian_StephensonIan_Stephenson Customer IT Monkey ✭
    Thank you!