Home General Discussion
Options

End users showing up in Assign to

Joshua_McGuireJoshua_McGuire Customer IT Monkey ✭
Hello, we recently updated from quite a few versions behind on the portal to 8.9.4 and I have noticed when assigning an IR or SR that ALL users are available to assign to, not just analysts. Has anyone else seen this, or is this intended? Confirmed in our old portal it did not do this.
Thanks in advanced

Best Answer

• Options
    Ryan_LaneRyan_Lane Cireson Support Advanced IT Monkey ✭✭✭
    edited October 2018 Answer ✓
    Alright, then it is most likely that the Incident.js and ServiceRequest.js template files are missing "FilterByAnalyst: true" when defining the field.
    You should be able to find the relevant files within your CustomSpace directory.  Here's a screenshot of mine with the relevant lines marked:

Just in case that's hard to make out here are the two lines I have for Assigned To and Primary Owner:
    { DataType: "UserPicker", PropertyDisplayName: "AssignedTo", PropertyName: "AssignedWorkItem", FilterByAnalyst: true, ColSpan: 3},
    { DataType: "UserPicker", PropertyDisplayName: "PrimaryOwner", PropertyName: "RelatesToIncident", FilterByAnalyst: true, ColSpan: 3}

Answers

• Options
    Adam_DzyackyAdam_Dzyacky Product Owner Contributor Monkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can certainly repro this as well, but it's got me thinking and I genuinely can't recall if this was always a thing. What version did you come from?

Assuming this is true (and again, I can't say for certain) my only thought would be is perhaps Cireson stopped filtering the Global Operators Group?
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    The first two bits I'd check:
    1. When searching from the Assigned To field that the request from the browser is filtering by analyst:
        /api/V3/User/GetUserList?userFilter=&filterByAnalyst=true

2. That the AnalystsADGroup setting under Portal Admin Settings > Setting Items is correct.

If those both look right then I'd check the ServiceManagement database's CI$User table to make sure that the end users aren't somehow being set as Analysts:
    SELECT
    	 [Analyst]
    	,Count(*) AS [Count]
    FROM [ServiceManagement].[dbo].[CI$User]
    GROUP BY [Analyst]
    My results:

• Options
    The first task there, where did you perform that at? I have confirmed the second bit is set correctly, and I am making sure I have the correct connectors for our SQL environment to make sure the information I pulled from the table wasn't from our old environment. 

We went from 7.4.2012.3 to 8.9.4.2016
  • Options
    For the first task I use the Network tab of Developer Tools in Google Chrome:
    1-3. Opening Developer Tools panel (F12 works)
    4. Click on the Network tab to start monitoring the page.
    5. Start a search in the Assigned To field.
    6. Select the request to view its Headers.

• Options
    Looks like filter by analysts is false
  • Options
    edited October 2018 Answer ✓
    Alright, then it is most likely that the Incident.js and ServiceRequest.js template files are missing "FilterByAnalyst: true" when defining the field.
    You should be able to find the relevant files within your CustomSpace directory.  Here's a screenshot of mine with the relevant lines marked:

Just in case that's hard to make out here are the two lines I have for Assigned To and Primary Owner:
    { DataType: "UserPicker", PropertyDisplayName: "AssignedTo", PropertyName: "AssignedWorkItem", FilterByAnalyst: true, ColSpan: 3},
    { DataType: "UserPicker", PropertyDisplayName: "PrimaryOwner", PropertyName: "RelatesToIncident", FilterByAnalyst: true, ColSpan: 3}

• Options
    That makes sense as we had to redo our .js files due to the drag and drop not being in the old version but in the new version. This must not have been configured properly in the new ones. I will take a look in our dev and give it a whirl. Thanks so much!
  • Options
    Thank you for mentioning that the js templates have changed!  I was unaware of the new drag and drop functionality outside of the Send Email task.  Definitely looks nicer IMO.

{
    	name: "FileAttachments",
    	type: "fileAttachments"
    },<br>

Versus
    {
    	name: "FileAttachments",
    	type: "fileAttachmentsDragDrop"
    },<br>

• Options
    edited October 2018
    I don't see in the ServiceRequest.JS where to change it to true, I found it and confirmed that resolved it for Incidents.

Not a problem :)

**Disregard, I am an idiot and it's been a long day. Just added it at the end of the line and it resolved it for me.**
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    You'll need to add the full "FilterByAnalyst: true" in ServiceRequest.js if it's not there:

{ DataType: "UserPicker", PropertyDisplayName: "AssignedTo", PropertyName: "AssignedWorkItem", FilterByAnalyst: true },
    EDIT: Glad you got it!